Jew Fishing - Hawkesbury River

Jewbear84

Hi raiders

I am new to night fishing for Jews in the Hawkesbury, Fished the Hawkesbury all my life and have only now endeavoured to target the mighty Jewfish….

I have been out numerous times at night around Bar point and near dangar island and have only seen 1 70cm Jewie, I have had heaps of runs but I assume these are sharks.. plus plenty of eels

Is there any help out there for where to go in the Hawkesbury at night … I keep hearing about Cowan creek but the lack of tide worries me when I want to anchor and sit the night out with a few beers and not drift all night

Any help would be greatly appreciated

This might be a stupid question. But are you using fresh/live bait?

My brother and i fish the hawkesbury every 2nd week, targeting jewies, and we usually have pretty good luck. send me a pm if you have any more in depth questions as im happy to help,

Hey mate,

I find with Jewies particularly in the hawkes they are super fussy with livies, it changes every day, if you can, have at least three species out. I get most on herring or yakka, but have got my biggest on tailor, just really worth putting the hours in and getting livie variety.'

Good luck, Pm if u have any more questions :)

Tag

Hey we catch mullet up near I think joe crafts bay little inlet there just mush up bread with bit of tuna oil chuck it out let it sit and wait about 10 minutes then just throw out hand lines with the smallest hook u can find with rolled up bread balls and do your best it's fun and frustrating at the same time but overall we usually get 6-8 minimum in 10-15 minutes then head to the deep water