Boat Licences

bullfrog

I read somewhere that new rules governing boat driver licences were to come in from October 1.

Basically, the test was going to get harder and there was also going to be a practical test to ensure better competence.

I can't find anything on the NSW Maritime website to confirm this, has anybody else heard about it?

Cheers,

I read somewhere that new rules governing boat driver licences were to come in from October 1.

Basically, the test was going to get harder and there was also going to be a practical test to ensure better competence.

I can't find anything on the NSW Maritime website to confirm this, has anybody else heard about it?

Cheers,

68084[/snapback]

yep you heard right

http://www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/mediareleas...ia-licence.html

cheers

Chris

my license has expired since being out of NSW (march this year), will I have to resit this new licensing system?

68145[/snapback]

Only way to find out is to 'phone them.

my license has expired since being out of NSW (march this year), will I have to resit this new licensing system?

68145[/snapback]

I over heard a conversation today whilst sitting for my licence (yes I passed!) and apparently you get quite a lot of lee way if your licence runs out so I would not imagine you will have to re-sit the test. Love this site - my first post - hope us "girls" are welcome!

Edited by Diane

.... sitting for my licence (yes I passed!) and  Love this site - my first post - hope us "girls" are welcome!

68320[/snapback]

Yep, as Pedro Said!

:1welcomeani: us regulars like it too! :biggrin2:

Congratulations on the license - remember not to troll through schools of feeding fish and you'll be OK :thumbup:

Oh cheers Ken u have put my mind to rest !

I read the site but didnt see that, so thanks again.

Too be honest though, I think everyone should have to resit the new licensing system. I think its a great idea, but really the large percentage of where trouble comes from is not just new boaties. Many "new" boaties may have in fact beeing boating for longer than people who already have a license.

I see a lot of people saying its a great idea (not so much in this forum), but not sure how many would in fact be keen to resit themselves.

Does anyone else see my logic?

I would be happy to resit it, if it was across the board.

A very big welcome Diana  :1welcomeani:  :1welcomeani:  :1welcomeani: .  Just what we need - more women on the site  :thumbup:  :thumbup: .  Where do you fish ??

68323[/snapback]

Thanks for the warm welcome, we have just ordered our new boat - Quintrex 5.1 Bowrider and it will be taking us fishing on Dora Creek and Lake Macquarie in a couple of months time. At present I only get to throw a line in out the front of our new house at Dora Creek and have caught two legal bream but that was before the weather got so cold. Most of my previous fishing was done in the Northern Territory off the Arnhem Land coast but that was many years ago. Also we have just completed an around Australia trip in our caravan and took a zodiac with us. We fished all around and had most success in Tassie, Curumbin and Mosman (Qld). The rest was a bit disappointing really especially W.A. Caught lots of undersized Barra at Daley River, husband caught a legal Barra at the Border Store Crossing (N.T.) and I lost one at the same spot. But if there was a prize for trying we would have won it. I am happy if I am casting a lure or have a line in the water, don't profess to be very good at fishing but LOVE it!!!

:1welcomeani: to the site Diane, great to see members of the fairer sex making a contribution :thumbup:

I did my boat licence with the Australian boating college which was a full day course including prac in their quinnie bassically 4 hours in the classroom doing theory stuff followed by the test then about 2 hous out on the water, great day

:1welcomeani: to the site Diane, great to see members of the fairer sex making a contribution :thumbup:

I did my boat licence with the Australian boating college which was a full day course including prac in their quinnie bassically 4 hours in the classroom doing theory stuff followed by the test then about 2 hous out on the water, great day

68397[/snapback]

Hi Rob, we hope to have some tuition when we get the new boat as it has been a long time since we had anything to do with boats larger than the Zodiac (small with 4hp). Apparently you can buy 3hrs on water tuition with your own boat for $200 so probably will be good for us as we get used to our own boat instead of someone elses.