Yakkin the Georges

Witha

G'day Raiders!

With a decent spell of weather managed to get the kayak out onto the Georges for a cracker sesh on Sunday with a couple of mates.
Launched near Lugarno at about 10 and paddled our way around testing my new Garmin Echo 300C sounder which has a few hiccups with the silicone moulding but works a treat regardless.
Started off flicking plastics for bream in tight structure and man if I landed 5 fish I got smoked by the same amount! There were plenty of bruisers hiding in gnarly rock ledges ready to wreck my 6lb leader. Sure wakes you up in the morning though! New sunline 8 carrier braid held well though. Not as nice as the YGK i had on before but still cuts the mustard.

Approaching high tide at about 1:30 started throwing bigger paddle tails around hoping for a wandering Jew, but to no avail on my part. Couldn't track down decent structure and drift it properly so that's a technique to work on.
Headed to the other side of the river to work some more structure for bream, and after pulling a 30cm from a deep patch close to shore I hook into what feels like the fish of the day and eventually up pops my first EP! Have been hoping to come accross these fiesty buggers at some point and it looks like we found a school :sun: . After the first which is my now PB at 35cm got another at about the same size and my mate grabbed his first as well at about 25-30. Great fun on the bream gear and had me under and around the yak a few times before boating them!
Just as we were going to drift on and check some old oyster leases my mate strikes up hard into what we think is a solid EP, until the weight just won't budge and starts taking line!
To cut a 20 minute fight in current and drifting near large obstacles short....what we had called for a metre plus jew ended up being a 72 cm schoolie hooked in the gill plate making it feel like a mother. However...This was my mates first jew and he had been chasing them on plastics for 6 months waiting for his first, so we were all cheering. Not bad on 6lb :clapping:
Headed over to the leases for a few nice 30s bream and paddled back up current for a few ks to the launch at sunset. The arms were burning but the company was good.

Some pics to cap it off.

Hope you enjoyed thanks for reading.

Withapost-30534-0-39987400-1432552317_thumb.jpgpost-30534-0-54767000-1432552353_thumb.jpg

Very nice indeed

Thanks mate, know why you love your perch!

An action packed day.

Great work mate, ticking another one off the list with the EP

Your mate must be stoked with the Wandering Jew.

Seems Sunday was kind to us both.

Thanks mate. Yeah he's still beaming! If only every session went so well. Now to get my yak jew haha

Great stuff Witha.

Cheers man :)

nice work ben!

Thanks Seamus!

Nice work dude! Well done on bagging a new species and congrats to your mate on the jewie!

Cheers Adam, new species always excites :)

Love your work Ben. Your making me want to dust the cobwebs off the yak! Sounds like a great session. Great scenery! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Haha do it man! Gotta be endless spots up your way! And thanks mate was a stunner day

Awesome session, well done.

Thanks! Was great fun