Botany Bay with my Boys

Guest 4myson

Guest 4myson

After spending Sunday with the whole family in botany nailing a few Trevs & squids my son Anthony asked if we could go chase some more squids on Tuesday , so since the wife arranged to take the girls to watch Paddington Bear I didn't hesitate for a second & since the boat was still hooked to the car from Sundays trip it was hard to say no . I opened the door to the car & before i was able to get in our Dog SONNY jumped in tail wagging & all , So i thought what the heck it was going to be a BOYS trip . We got to the ramp right on midday & the water was Flat as a Tack . We met a couple of guys in a canoe who fished the cooks with no luck but informed us of a couple of guys cacthin Jews on plastic , i thought of STEWY straight away ( it turned out to be Stewy & Swano) . But we had other plans , so our first stop was the Drums to get some baits for the freezer . Bait jigs in the water & within minutes we were surrounded by Slimeys & Yakas . After 1/2 an hour we had plenty so we set out a few fleshy strips of Yellow tail into the berley trail & instantly Anthony's rod had line Screaming off it & after a quite a good fight on 3lb line i netted his first Shovel nose & after a few pics it was released . Secound cast his rod goes off again this time it was a little Port Jackson which when released decided to swim the surface around the boat for a good 10 minutes before it finally went down . I set out a squid jig which got taken straight away by a baby Octopus & this thing kept Sonny amused for the next half an hour as it made its way around the deck of the boat . Anthony by then was onto a nice 30cm Trev . With things going quite we pulled up anchor & set for the western side of the Oil wharf . First drift resulted in 2 squid with 4 dropped . Second drift we had 4 on board & dropped 5 & by the thrid drift we only landed 1 & they seemed to go off the bite . Pretty much all the squid were caught on 3lb line & bright orange jig & 2 on the small 1.5" white jig . The pinks & greens untouched . With a few squid in the live tank we headed to Molineaux Piont in hope of a big winter King but after an hour of no touches on the live squid it was time to pack it in & head home. All in all a great afternoon on the water EXCEPT for the cleaning of the boat !! To top it off we got to finally meet Stewy & Swano back at the ramp & hear about their Jewie & Flathead catches .

First pic was 1 of the Squids that was caught on Sunday (my girls get upset when they only see photos of me or Anthony on Fishraider) so i included a photo from Sundays session .post-34552-0-92688200-1435749524_thumb.jpg

post-34552-0-15568500-1435749548_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-20348900-1435749567_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-90216400-1435749615_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-36045500-1435749635_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-40841900-1435749670_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-03561000-1435749839_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-20219600-1435749861_thumb.jpgpost-34552-0-07097500-1435749907_thumb.jpg

Edited by 4myson

Guest 4myson

Very very nice sasha and nice to meet you Anthony and sonny

Thanks Stewy , we'll see you at the social ......

Hey sasha, I only just seen this post. What a great report and quality time with the family! You'll be comfortable on that boat during the social but I would advise you not to take dog! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Nice Bully, we been thinking about taking our Bully out as he can't stand to be away from us. Not sure how he will go with the boat. Only one way to find out. That Octopus would have been mental overload.!!

Guest 4myson

if your boat name is called " 4 my son' it was me in the canoe that said you have a beautiful boat :)

good catch man!

You guys should have joined us , it wasn't till later that Stewy informed me you guys were Raiders as well ..

Guest 4myson

Hey sasha, I only just seen this post. What a great report and quality time with the family! You'll be comfortable on that boat during the social but I would advise you not to take dog! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

He loves the boat Scratchie but I think 3 days on it & he'll be driving me "NUTS" ... So I'll definetly be leaving him at home to guard the girls while the boys are away ... Edited by 4myson

Guest 4myson

Good onya bro! At what point did the pup realise the occy was boss?

Pretty much straight away after the occy latched onto his nose , but he kept following him round the boat for a good half hour just barking at it , but he was keeping his distance after the first in counter ....

Pretty much straight away after the occy latched onto his nose , but he kept following him round the boat for a good half hour just barking at it , but he was keeping his distance after the first in counter ....

Mate, what a great little weekend for you and the kids. They really looked like they were enjoying themselves. But the pooch and the occy made the report for me. I had a good giggle at that. I can't imagine what he must have been thinking about the occy. Probably thought it was some exotic chew toy at first. Hope to catch up with you at the Social, as well.