Fishraider Journey

harold

I have just clicked up a 1000 posts and I know that is not many compared to some but it had me thinking about my journey with Fishraider. I have fished all my life but have never been a great fisherman. The biggest fish I ever hooked was a Spanish Mackeral 80 kms off Townsville and quite frankly I stuffed that up at the boat thus it was never landed. It was estimated to be 80kgs but who knows.

If I take out the Mackeral I have had my smattering of average sized Kingfish, flathead, bream and everyday swimming things, once I caught a beautiful giant turtle but I would prefer to not talk about that, I did cut it off and was not trying to catch it. I have also caught a Pelican, numerous Seagulls and my own leg (that hurt and had to be cut out).

Years ago I happened to come across Fishraider and I thought the author, Ken, had some great insight into the Hawkesbury area, a place I fished or at least tried to fish often so I joined up. As I recall I was member number 8 and I learned a lot about what to do and where to go to catch fish. As the years passed and Stewie and Donna took over I observed the ever increasing membership and more importantly, the growing comradery between people who superficially only had one thing in common and that was fishing. Interesting enough, once you get to meet fellow raiders you realise you have far more than 1 thing in common, you find there are many things we all share and chat about.

I encourage any casual reader to join up and take advantage of the membership. Crazily enough it is free and the forum is moderated by a group of fair minded, nice people who know how to catch fish.

See you on the water.

Well Harold, we are glad you and your family are a part of our community. If you ever want to add to your biggest fish encounter, I'm sure we could get a Fishraider crew together and go chase some marlin in that big boat of yours!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Great to have you as member and a sponsor Harold.

Congrats on your 1000 post milestone. I wonder what happened to those member numbers that used to appear with a members other details, think I was member number 74 so you were quicker on the draw than me mate.

Cheers Blood Knot

Guest no one

Well Harold, we are glad you and your family are a part of our community. If you ever want to add to your biggest fish encounter, I'm sure we could get a Fishraider crew together and go chase some marlin in that big boat of yours!

Cheers scratchie!!!

+1, I'll even do the dishes!!!

Fishraider is coming up on its 11th year anniversary and for members to still be here from the start shows us and them what this site is really all about.

Nice write up Harold and those fish big or small still make me happy as the once young bloke I used to be.

Regards Stewy member no. 264

Credit to everyone. New member and have to say even when I am not fishing love to hear the stories about those that are.

The advice is open and honest and too the point. I have probably saved thousands by going with the advice here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats on the big k harold :)

I agree completely. Raiders takes fishing chat to another level. It's a true community of individuals who are so prepared to help and share experiences and knowledge.

I looked at your profile and noticed the huge number of threads you have started. Now either your just like me (very needy with lots of questions ;) . I mean hungry for knowledge and always wanting to take it to the next level !! )

Or committed to sharing the fishing experience. Again and again and again.

Either way ( but both. I know) keeping the conversation going is what it's all about.

I haven't even touched on founding membership or sponsor!!!!

Nice work.

Edited by NaClH2OK9

Congrats Harold.

I've heard nothing but amazing things about you and your contributions to the community. Totally bummed that we missed out meeting you and your family at the hairtail weekend.

In a few short weeks of trying to remember to read some of the forum threads and meeting a bunch of the people on here, it is indeed an amazing collective of people sharing priceless information and lessons.

Anyone new, just like me, just start talking to people and asking questions if you have them!!!! You never know what you might find in common with some of the other people on here, or just how much helpful advice you may be offered :)