Stayed Inside

Piss'n'Broke

Hit middle harbour on Sunday the 13/9/15. Went for some squid with a beginner, managed just the two squid before we set up in middle harbour for a early morning king. Got a few rat's with my neighbour Col in his boat, and my brother Greg, 30 metres away in his boat also got a few rats as well as being dusted a few times. It seemed to be the yakka's were the gun bait for the day over the squid which only accounted for 1 king out of the 5-8hook ups between the boats. I got a hit on a yakka which was strange as it came up easy, and 1/2 way up I'm waiting for it to wake up, thinking its a king playing possum,,, but it didn't. Was only when it was 3-4 metres down I saw why. A damn nice John Dory, netted it and it went 45cm on the dot.

I'd like to submit this for catch of the month please admins, especially as between myself, and my brother Greg who a lot of anglers know on the water, this is only our 3rd ever dory of out of the harbour, and MY first ever :banana:

Dan

post-2246-0-95336800-1442390862_thumb.jpg

Well done Dan, I'll put it in for you. Great fish.Well done Dan, I'll put it in for you. Great fish.

Cheers Thanks nbdshroom!

Nice feed there!

Interesting about the Kings preferring the yakkas ... Happens like that sometimes. Not sure why but it is certainly true

That yakkas or slimies out fish them at times.

Hey fragmeister, its strange how they are like that,,, but that's kings for you,,, fussy buggers!

Good work Dan! You're a champ!

Definitely not Dave, right time, right place, right bait and ALOT of luck

You have my vote Dan

Hah ha ha, love it,,, that's one of the score board for me Dory. appreciate it.

Hahahaa only naturally...

A very pleasant surprise, I reckon I would've been thinking flathead

Harry

So was I Harry, or a small jew, OR a small rat as it didn't pull a tick of drag.

ooohhhhh yumo

Nice Dory.

Congratulations on a new species off the list. Not often there a report of a JD.

Great stuff mate. I've never caught one before so your one up on me! Well done :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Beaut fish mate. Love the read weighters to submit for cotm haha. Hope he was tasty!!

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

Thanks ALL!!! Was my first and definitely I hope it wont be my last,,,, I didn't eat it myself, but rather gave it to my mate Col whose boat I was onboard, a beginner who I felt bad for, especially after I lost his first ever king boatside, thou it was undersized I still felt guilty as I knew it wouldn't fit in his landing net and made a judgement call to swing it aboard :-(. My stuff up!!! I wish I could have taken a pic of him that day with his first ever king, rather that catch the dory, but I know there will be plenty of other opportunities. He was just happy to feel the fight of a king, and have a great feed. He absolutely loved the dory. Bring on this weekend.

Dan

Lucky you have those red pants on. Wasnt it something red in the pic for submission to COTM ? You have my vote.

Was this up from spit bridge? Might go out with JR. And happy to catch Rat Kings inside.

Hah ha ha Yeah cameldownunder. Was just near the spit,,,, what is it with everyone knocking my pants? They are kinda red except for the guts, no not mine, fish, etc,.... They keep you warm and dry especially in winter, with the rain, single digit air temps, and wind,,,,,,,,,,,,, as for squid ink, I'd be happy if they were completely black. :biggrinthumb:

The regulars on the water know us,,,, me/Greg by what we wear, not by which boat I might be fishing out of this weekend. I love having multiple fishing mates as I don't own a boat, I just have the luxury of having a very good brother who fishes ALOT, and some very very good mates who take me out on their boats

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg

Well done Dan ! I've yet to land one , I've heard there's no fight in them but would like to cross it off my bucket list , plus I heard there Excellent eating !!!