one squid one king

Krispy !

Headed out this morning trying to brave the mixed forecast and the sun was out to start off. A couple hours for only a small trevally had me thinking about leaving, the clouds started rolling in and it started sprinkling when a small live squid I had out buckled over and it was on. A tough fight in structure and a few minutes later a nice 71cm king was on deck. Packed up soon after and headed home,

post-11865-0-16477100-1442724159_thumb.jpg

nice work krispy, this damn weather is annoying wish it would make its mind up.

I headed out with a mate managed 4 kings and two bust off's.

Very annoyed one busted off half way along the line must have damaged it on a previous fish.

Looking forward to the next trip school holidays so will drag the boy out lol.

Your smashing it land based mate! Good on ya

thanks W4z!

nice work krispy, this damn weather is annoying wish it would make its mind up.

I headed out with a mate managed 4 kings and two bust off's.

Very annoyed one busted off half way along the line must have damaged it on a previous fish.

Looking forward to the next trip school holidays so will drag the boy out lol.

theyre yeah theyre a tough customer, this one left my line frayed badly im surprised it held, my mate done an awesome net job which always helps

Quite jealous. Spent most of Saturday chasing them on the hacking. Unfortunately we weren't as successful as you!

Kingys can be very picky mate some days they'll hit anything and others they have lock jaw, keep at it mate

Great effort Krispy! You've got to be happy with that conversion rate! :)

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie! yeah not a bad conversion rate lol it took me a while to get that squid so glad it paid off

Well done Krispy! You seem to be doing a smashing job on them at the moment. I've been out the last couple of weekends cranking flickbaits landbased all over the harbour, but no joy.

Hey adamski, there are a few around at the moment but they're just being tough to hook, That king wasn't alone, there was a few others around throughout the morning that size and bigger teasing me and my mate but that was the only hookup. Don't worry as the water warms they'll stop being so cagey and you'll get onto them. I was running really light gear for a livebait just 10lb leader but in saying that the squid was the size of my index finger