Big Pearlie @ Coffs

Chappo

Hi All

Just back from a comp at Coffs. Scored this 4 kilo, 63cm Pearl Perch. My biggest to date. Also, if anyone knows how to get ALL of the sand out of pipi's, please send me a message. Chappo

post-1767-0-14676800-1442965481_thumb.jpg

Edited by Chappo

Thanks all.

Yes, should have mentioned it was caught floating a butterflied pilchard with a small amount of lead running all the way down to a 6o gamakatsu hook. Was actually targeting snapper and we were in only 15 metres of water. Used my old faithful shimano bait runner. always a hoot when it goes off!

Awese pearly, biggest ive seen. Pippi purge just leave em in a bucket of salt walter for a couple of days. Change water once a day. Or get a hessian sack keep it moist with salt water and put pippis in it.

Thanks for Pipi advice. will try it!

Edited by Chappo

A further tip on the sand removal--seems to work better if you put em in a sieve or an onion bag or a wire mesh and SUSPEND them in a big tub of salt water. change water at least three times in the day. Used to do this a while ago whenthey were in plague proportions on blackrock beach near Iluka. We would then chop up and make fritters. A bit rich though so do'nt eat too many!

• 2 weeks later...

JD

The best advice so far has been to keep them aerated and in fresh water for a few days. the longest I have left them is a day and a half with regular changing of water and in a dark place and unfortunately still got traces of sand! someone must know the secret!