Nice Start To The Weekend

Stapo

Very excited on Friday night as it was the fourth day after the full moon for lateSeptember early October dark. Yes the start of the prawning season.

Went down to The Entrance with a couple of mates for our first try. Conditions were good the tide was running out ok and not much wind. Managed to get close to a kilo of nice school and king prawns we didn't stay long I was home by 8.30pm cooking them. 40a718cb405f79e993cc78c5b59e1a85.jpg

Up early the next morning and out in the lake again fishing with Dwayne. The flathead are a better size now we got a couple around the 50cm and let one go that was 65cm. All with soft plastic paddle tail lures about 65mm long. The darker colours worked the best. The best for Dwayne I should say I never caught a keeper. Doesn't matter I was very good with the landing net and it was a great morning with friends. 3e6c6b5e3ab45a60da04eb37aa84a62e.jpg

Cheers Steve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome can't wait for some Prawning.. Thought next weekend would be good, as there is no moon?

Have I been reading the moon wrong?

Awesome catches, hope I do that well next weekend.

four to five days after the full moon for two weeks or so. The best tides are now. Next weekend ok but the tides will be later.

four to five days after the full moon for two weeks or so. The best tides are now. Next weekend ok but the tides will be later.

Thanks mate, daylight savings starts tomorrow so the slightly later tides will proble suit.

Well done on the catch

That's first and second course covered :banana: What's for dessert? Top post and bound to get some raiders out there!

Well if any raiders want any tips just pm me. Only happy to help.