bluefin madness round 2

cait97

Well well well what a weekend it seen me going down to cape jaffa south Australia again i have been down there for the last month chasing these beautiful bluefin tuna

Well this weekend saw me stepping away from the rod something i don't do easy buy i knew it was time to get my best mate on a tuna so we set off at about 6 am Sunday morning the 2nd of November 2015 we arrived to our grounds and it was like a tackle shop having a sale very busy and no bait around we set up lures though and thought we'd give it a shot after about an hour and no luck we called it and headed out wide and that was the best decision made all day so trolling along we seen 1 bird yes one bird and started following it out of no where the reel just screams and she was howling okay set the god damn hooks before we get towed back to the boat ramp hooks set but looking down at the spool where's all the line gone 800 meters in 2 minutes gone just like that... before we could chase this fish the line went slack and it was gone skipper called it a possible 200 kilo fish so apparently winding in 800 meters of line is alot harder than it looks okay line almost in ohh no the lure that has been killing it is gone :( no one took a photo of the lure so we can't find another one but let me tell you it was the ugliest lure we had but hey if it works then no complaining okay gaining composure as heartbreak had set it we started trolling again we found a huge school of diving birds seals dolphins and bait lures in and whack the reel is screaming off again has my mate finally got his lucky break hooks are set and yep where on and tight - well someone thought the fish was coming into the boat in 10 minutes ahh I don't think so buddy this fish went down deep and didn't want to show itself after an hour we decided we'd chase this fish as he was just sitting on the surface but he wasn't ready and wasn't giving up 45 minutes later we had chased the fish down and he was at the side of the boat okay im struggling to gaff this fish as he is thrashing around and doing what he pleases okay gaff is in and now his defiantly not happy with us smacking his head against the boat tail rope on that made his day even better we left him for a while until we felt the fish was calm enough to come in the boat okay awesome now time to get this beautiful fish in the boat in the boat and wow what a beautiful fish he was lit up we bled him quickly and got him on ice real quick a wrapped him with utter respect limit your catch don't catch your limit i was sitting there speechless my best mate had finally got his fish of a life time and joined the barrel club and guess what his fish weighed exactly 100 kilos bled awesome what a amazing tuna run this year and it's something I'll never forget so this weekends barrel bought it up too number 19 for this season yahoo Nauticalstar is the boat if anyone is interested thanks for reading tight lines cait

post-37376-0-94504300-1446477017_thumb.jpeg

post-37376-0-42426200-1446477047_thumb.jpeg

What a great read, well actually had to read and re read with the lack of punctuation, but an awesome read either way. Well done on the tuna and the season you have had

well i just reread remind me not to post up a long update after being awake for 48 hours lol

Great catch. Very impressed with a lady who can handle such an enormous beast (or 19 of them)!

Tuna fishing is just a dream for me at this stage..

Well number 20 has been landed countless dropped aswell but that's fishing dreams turn into reality but it's time to put the 50w reels away and play with the kingfish and small tuna