Best soft plastic for school jews

Volitan

I know this question has been covered by many prior posts (I have done the searches) - I'm just asking again because I find soft plastic styles go in an out of fashion and new ones come along all the time.

So what is the current thinking on best style, colour and size of soft plastic for school and soapie jewfish ? - muddy estuary situation.

cheers

Arron

Edited by Volitan

id say the latest craze is soft vibes, though it gets expensive fast if fishing snaggy areas

If you change the trebles out for single hooks it makes fishing snag ridden, and new, areas easier, they'll also provide a stronger hook up.

I've been using vibes loads at the minute for most other species and catching consistently. I wouldn't be surprised if I were to go for some Jews it would be the same outcome. You can get good vibe lures online too. Compare them to the shop bought ones and you'll find everything is exactly the same but so much cheaper. Only thing I change is the hooks if i'm going some bigger stronger fish.

If you change the trebles out for single hooks it makes fishing snag ridden, and new, areas easier, they'll also provide a stronger hook up.

Trebles on a soft plastic. Unless your fishing plastic type vibes its an interesting concept. Or are you running a stinger as well

It depends where you're fishing.

Transam 95mm. 4 inch power minnow in pearl-watermelon, 5' & 7' jerk shads

& 9gm blades in rivers & estuaries.

7-9' power shads & 130mm slick rigs off the stones & breakwalls.

They're the basics anyway.

Edited by Jewhunter