Hiring a boat

fisholb

Hi all

I have been hiring a boat since September this year. Cost me around $600 for the day including fuel. I get to use the boat up to 26nm and i pick it up from drummoyne. I get 4 of my mates to pay $150pp. I supply the gear and the bait. Do you guys think it is worth the cost. I pick up the boat around 6am and return by 4pm. The boat is 6m and has 140hp. Thanks in advance for any input. I want to buy my own boat but im still waiting for the big boss (wife) for approval.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

There's a couple of ways you can look at this.

If you hire 10 times a year, that's $1500 out of your pocket. Which is very good when compared with owning your own boat where you need to outlay tens of thousands to buy, then there's the space factor, and then you need to consider that you have to pay rego and insurance, there's $500 at least.

Iv sent you a pm with info on a mob much cheaper than the main boat hire franchise.

Cheers

When u say hire , do u mean a charter boat which come complete with a crew , tackle & bait ??

There are pro's & con's , the main one being the frequency of use , ie if u only fish a few time a year hire is the way to go as having yr own boat may sound good

but just leaving it parked at home can cost around $1000 PA in rego & insurance before u even get to running cost like fuel , servicing & maintance.

The main thing is to do yr homework regarding cost comparision V's conveinance

Geoff

When u say hire , do u mean a charter boat which come complete with a crew , tackle & bait ??

There are pro's & con's , the main one being the frequency of use , ie if u only fish a few time a year hire is the way to go as having yr own boat may sound good

but just leaving it parked at home can cost around $1000 PA in rego & insurance before u even get to running cost like fuel , servicing & maintance.

The main thing is to do yr homework regarding cost comparision V's conveinance

Geoff

Just the boat mate I drive it and supply the gear and bait to my mates

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you hire 10 times a year, that's $1500 out of your pocket. Which is very good when compared with owning your own boat where you need to outlay tens of thousands to buy, then there's the space factor, and then you need to consider that you have to pay rego and insurance, there's $500 at least.

Iv sent you a pm with info on a mob much cheaper than the main boat hire franchise.

Cheers

Thanks mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers

Hi Fishingphase,

Would you mind sending me a PM of that other mob as well?

richard

Having owned a boat and then sold a boat and then crunched the numbers of buying a new boat similar to the one I previously owned.

Your financially better off hiring the boat on an as needs be basis.($75K buys a lot of charter time in a lot of different places) You don't have the all the hassles of owning a boat. Like Insurance, servicing, rego, cleaning seized wheel bearings on the side of the highway (never did that, mine was on a mooring

On the downside it can limit your fishing opportunities as not many hire companies will allow you to do overnighters.
>As a well known Sydney Radio personality, Tackle store owner and fisherman said to me the other day. "When I retires I plan to fish off the best boat in the world. Some one else's"

Edited by Crossfire63

Every time I even look at my boat it says $100 bills. But I agree, on the downside it limits your opportunities. If your happy with the amount of time you spend out on the water by way of either hiring or going on someone else's boat, then all is good but if not, buy a boat!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Every time I even look at my boat it says $100 bills. But I agree, on the downside it limits your opportunities. If your happy with the amount of time you spend out on the water by way of either hiring or going on someone else's boat, then all is good but if not, but a boat!

Cheers scratchie!!!

$100 Bills, geez Scratchie yours is cheap!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don't you Raiders know what BOAT stands for...........

Bring.....

On.......

Another.......

Thousand..........

Here endith the lesson.......

The acronym is out of date,.......truly I wsih it was just another thousand!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk