The one that should not have got away

ginko

Hi all,

If you see a ~6m cream or white boat, with damage to its port bow and/or damage to it's motor downleg and propellor, please contact the NSW Police with the info...

On Sunday, about 2:30 pm, I'd just set up for nice kingie session, just north of middle head and east of cobblers beach, when a ~6m cream or white boat headed straight at my tinnie, and ran straight over top of me and my boat. The hit was almost straight on, and their prop apparently came through the cockpit, but fortunately hit the port side of my tinnie and not down the starboard side where I was sitting. My bow hit just to port of the their bow, so I figure there must be some good gouges in their fibreglass, maybe tinged blue from my paint. Their motor was still functional, as they sped off, but it must have some damage too.

Thankfully, some yachties came to my rescue, and after a few days in hospital and I'm on the mend with relatively minor injuries.

Your assistance in catching the culprits would be much appreciated - the waterways don't need boaters like that.

Apart from everything else, a total waste of what promised to be a great afternoon of hunting the kings.

Bill

That is so messed up man! Sorry to hear this. Been out a boat a couple times and already have seen the amount of idiots zooming through the wrong channels and speed. Question my mate Mick all the time on whether they should be doing it...so when I get a boat I know right from wrong! Glad you are okay now.

Latest Media Releases Man in tinny hit by 20-foot, cream motor boat - Middle Harbour

Sunday, 06 December 2015 04:34:52 PM

Police are looking for four people who were travelling on a boat that hit a man fishing in a tinny near Balmoral this afternoon.

Shortly after 2.30pm (Sunday 6 December 2015), emergency services were called to Balmoral Beach after reports a man had been hit by a boat.

Police were told that a 47-year-old man was fishing in his tinny near Middle Head, when a motor boat that had been stationary nearby, took off at speed and hit the tinny.

The man was knocked from the tinny, and pushed under water for a period of time, before swimming to the surface.

He was assisted by people on board nearby sailing boats, one of which was used to take the man to Balmoral Beach.

He was treated by emergency services personnel on the beach before being taken to Royal North Shore Hospital with back injuries, as well as cuts and bruising.

The man’s damaged tinny has been brought into Balmoral Beach and will be forensically examined.

Police from the Marine Area Command have commenced an investigation into the matter and are now looking for two males and two females that were travelling onboard the motor boat.

Witnesses have described the motor boat as being cream in colour, approximately 20 foot in size, with in-board motors and a tinted windscreen.

It’s believed two males and two females were on board the motor boat at the time of the crash.

Police are urging anyone with information in relation to this incident to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or use the Crime Stoppers online reporting page: https://nsw.crimestoppers.com.au/Information you provide will be treated in the strictest of confidence. We remind people they should not report crime information via our Facebook and Twitter pages

Glad to hear that your O.K mate ... Me & my son Anthony where watching the news & heard that you might have suffered spinal injuries !! So I'm glad to hear that your okay . Hang in there mate & I'm sure those BASTARDS will get whats coming to them !!!!

Sorry to hear mate glad your ok and hope they catch them. If your boat is out of action I'd be happy to take you out when I go. Just pm me your details and il let you know when I plan on being out next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry to hear mate glad your ok and hope they catch them. If your boat is out of action I'd be happy to take you out when I go. Just pm me your details and il let you know when I plan on being out next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's nice of you to offer Katoe. True Fishraider spirit. Good on you! :)

Bad, bad people with no sense of right and wrong. Hitting you was an accident, but leaving the scene shows they don't have much to look forward to in their cowardly little lives. Main thing is you are OK - what a shocker!!

Hi all,

If you see a ~6m cream or white boat, with damage to its port bow and/or damage to it's motor downleg and propellor, please contact the NSW Police with the info...

On Sunday, about 2:30 pm, I'd just set up for nice kingie session, just north of middle head and east of cobblers beach, when a ~6m cream or white boat headed straight at my tinnie, and ran straight over top of me and my boat. The hit was almost straight on, and their prop apparently came through the cockpit, but fortunately hit the port side of my tinnie and not down the starboard side where I was sitting. My bow hit just to port of the their bow, so I figure there must be some good gouges in their fibreglass, maybe tinged blue from my paint. Their motor was still functional, as they sped off, but it must have some damage too.

Thankfully, some yachties came to my rescue, and after a few days in hospital and I'm on the mend with relatively minor injuries.

Your assistance in catching the culprits would be much appreciated - the waterways don't need boaters like that.

Apart from everything else, a total waste of what promised to be a great afternoon of hunting the kings.

Bill

Bill I saw the aftermath of this on the water! Sorry to say we didn't see the incident or those responsible.- Really glad to read you're ok.

We were motoring over to Balmoral, we saw a number of police + maritime boat. My gf and I were very concerned there had been a fatality.

Speedy recovery to you!

I think someone else offered, but there's a seat on the Striker for you if you want to hit the Harbour, just drop me a Direct Message.

Cheers,

Mark