Massive Syd Harbour Kingfish verification?

plankton

I know for a fact that in the past guys have been asked for a fishing report to put in the paper and they have just made up the most ridiculous reports and it makes the paper. I wouldn't pay attention to the report but that doesn't mean it's always untrue

Definitely possible....

I'm no expert by any means but if I caught a 39kg Kingy I would be very surprised if my brother working in Hong Kong hadn't seen the pic/article that day!

These tiny snippets of info are at the editors discretion and are limitless to exaggeration as no one can prove or disprove the info.

For me anything without a pic in this day in age is taken with a grain of salt - If you care enough to share it yet can't make the effort to prove it then there's something fishy going on! (with the exception of "Mature" fisho's without mobiles).

Is it possible? Of course it is. Do I think it happened recently as the report suggested? Again, anything is possible but my money is on it didn't happen or they are massively exaggerating the size.

Those newspaper reports are the most unreliable reports I know of. They just publish whatever rubbish anyone tells them.

That fish would be 12kg at most. My guess is 11kg on proper scales. No where even close to 39.9kg

yeah for sure, its definitely not 39kg, 141cm and it looks fairly lean, so I'd guess somewhere around 12kg as well, but it's pretty decent. Very possible there are much bigger ones down there.

I can't believe that anyone would think that a fisherman would lie or exaggerate in a fishing report :)

yeah, and what about that offshore tournament last year, if you won they made you take a lie detector test to claim the prize, how funny is that!

Lol. Now that's funny! Maybe they should make them take photos of the fish with that days paper!

only comment i can make on this is that Ive had some massive baits out around Sydney heads that i couldn't even begin to stop the fish on 100lb braid with 120 mono leader. They could potentially be sharks but the fights were very kingfish like. in other words it was all of about 5 seconds until i was completely bricked. i doubt this report is true but there could certainly be fish in excess of 20kg lurking around remembering that most of the fish that make it past about 15kg are rarely caught.

Lol. Now that's funny! Maybe they should make them take photos of the fish with that days paper!

yeah, imagine how the conversation went down between the journalist and the fishermen "so what have you been getting? I got 39.9kg Kingfish at Old Man's Hat today, do you want me send you a photo? nah that's ok I believe you"

Ask MrsSwordfishermen about the lie detector test, it was for a Port Hacking or Botany Bay comp last year. $50K for the largest marlin brought back to scale over 150kg and if you won you needed to pass a lie detector to claim the prize. That's what I heard unless MrSwordfishermen was pulling my leg :)

Firstly by the looks of things thats a daily telegraph report. Fact, the journo has a plenty of tackle shop numbers to call. He rings the owner, they chat, then a few days later published. There are big kings in Sydney you just gotta find em.

As for lie detector tests no its not a joke.

Big money in Bass and competition game fishing is not new, in Australia it is. In America prize money can be a million dollars and has been rorted, hence the use of video etc to prove tag, capture. So no dispute.

Not hard to fill a tag card out and hand it in any fool could do it. If you haven't heard of it then you dont spend much time in tournies. Common Knowledge.

yeah, imagine how the conversation went down between the journalist and the fishermen "so what have you been getting? I got 39.9kg Kingfish at Old Man's Hat today, do you want me send you a photo? nah that's ok I believe you"

Ask MrsSwordfishermen about the lie detector test, it was for a Port Hacking or Botany Bay comp last year. $50K for the largest marlin brought back to scale over 150kg and if you won you needed to pass a lie detector to claim the prize. That's what I heard unless MrSwordfishermen was pulling my leg :)

I did a search on google for that info :)

Look what it brought up http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=77271

It pays to just search here on fishraider doesn't it - we have the best collection of info right here

I did a search on google for that info :)

Look what it brought up http://www.fishraider.com.au/Invision/index.php?showtopic=77271

It pays to just search here on fishraider doesn't it - we have the best collection of info right here

nice, there you go!

So I remembered correctly, the polygraph is here already for big prize tournaments, now if we can only get tackle shops and journalists to use them we'd be set.