A couple of great day's fishing on the Hawkesbury

Day's Fishin

Good Friday saw my son, 2 grand sons and myself hit Brooklyn ramp at 6am. Apart from 2 dopes parking 2 caravans in the backing bays and other dopes taking 2 trailer spaces with cars and tents off the side (at least 3 idiots) the day was good. Started out catching live bung and hitting at least 8 spots for a catch of Flathead, bream, school Jew and one large green toad(the first one I have ever caught in the Hawkesbury. Unfortunately, all the pictures on my phone will not download.

Fished again today starting out from Spencer. The fog was that thick that somehow we made a stupid mistake and started up Mangrove Creek. The alarm went off and we were in 0 water. Over the side and pushing and shoving we were out and on our way. Not good early in the morning with all the bull sharks that are around at the moment.

We fished the rail bridge for 3 school Jew's, and 1 x 76cm Jew. Then we hit Milsons Island drift and were rewarded with many bream and 1 good flathead. Next was Bar point where we were rewarded with a couple of legal bream and flathead. This time I took the pictures on my camera when we got home.

The Jew went 76cm, flathead 74cm, the biggest bream at 47cm.

Jeff

post-5857-0-08446400-1459149833_thumb.jpg post-5857-0-97260400-1459149864_thumb.jpg post-5857-0-36495300-1459149894_thumb.jpg

post-5857-0-96283200-1459149924_thumb.jpg

good catch mate. With the jews do you anchor up next to the bridge and just wait for the turn of the tide. What bait did you get them on?

[/quote Yes we always anchor up when chasing Jews. Used live yakkas for bait with old prawns as a burly.

Jeff

A few good days of fishing. Well done. Is the Milson's Island Drift just drifting through the Milsons Passage channel? I've drifted through there a few times but have never picked up anything through there. You target any particular spot around there?

Great effort Jeff!

I was down the Hawkesbury 2 weekends ago and had the same species, with a Bronze Whaler Shark also.

Those big puffer fish are a huge pest towards the Eastern end of the Hawkesbury. They have these weird crusher teeth at the front that come to a point and will bite you off constantly until you bring them in.

We get them up here in Lake Macquarie, you wind your line in and the hook is gone with a clean cut of the line - very frustrating!

Anyway great post.

Cheers, James

A few good days of fishing. Well done. Is the Milson's Island Drift just drifting through the Milsons Passage channel? I've drifted through there a few times but have never picked up anything through there. You target any particular spot around there?

I don't drift there as it's a pretty dead spot for fish. I drift the front of the island.

Jeff