Gave the boy some practise!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

Looked at the ocean this morning as I was leaving for the kids footy and wishing I was going somewhere else. Whilst on my way to footy that I made a call to fellow raider Garfield28 knowing he was out doing what I was wishing for. Any way with footy finished and on my way home my eldest gives me a call and says "dad get you ass home now we have to take the boat out". Well, I hit top gear and the boy had the boat loaded ready to go when I got home. Straight to the ramp and made another call to Garfield telling him we are on the way if he wanted to follow is up to broughton. We met up collecting livies and straight up to north rock. Caught a bonnie and sent that out, another rod with a slimie and then we started dropping some bait strips. The boy was on to a king straight away but lost it boat side. We picked through a few reefies and didn't get a touch on our livies. Garfield decided to call it quits and we pulled anchored and drifted for a while. Then the seas came alive there were fish smashing everywhere. We were throwing some flick baits on light gear and landing kings and bonito regularly. Thought we'd leave there and try another spot for some snapper. On the way there we came across acres of slimies getting hammered. So we sent one out on the livie rod and slowly trolled it around the schools. In no time the 8000 spheros goes off and I gave to the boy. Loaded up the drag and the reel was singing. We chase the fish for as the fight ensued and after a good 10mins we have it boat side. A nice 8kg(estimate) mac tuna.

post-24974-0-80663500-1459588639_thumb.jpg

It's great watching your son catch a good fish and the excitement they get from it. It also gave the boy some good practise for our trip to Darwin in October!

After that we called it a day and travelled back in calm seas at 35knots all the way back to the ramp!

All fish were released today.

Thanks for reading,

Cheers scratchie!!!

Guest 4myson

Great Minds think alike Scracthie ... I was thinking the same thing on the way to Anthony's footy game today (wish i was fishing) But his game did not start till midday & instead of rushing home afterwards to hook up the boat had to work on a car !!! Hopefully i get a fish in tomorrow ... Congratulate the boys on their catch !!!!

Thank for the replies. I get more enjoyment watching my kids fishing than I do catching a good fish myself. Can't wait to take my boy to Darwin with a heap of fellow raiders! I tried to explain to him that up there that is a standard fish, line peeling, rod bending etc. I think he's a bit worried! Lol :)

Bring it on!!!

Was good to see you and catch up Scratchie as its been a while mate, and congrats to the young fella on his catch, makes up for the king he lost at the boat when we first got to that spot... certainly had his rod buckled over and would have been nice to get that one inside the boat for a look.

How beautiful was the water and conditions yesterday.... absolutely sensational! Wish I stuck around mate, I'll continue my fishing apprenticeship lol..... Must admit I saw so much bait yesterday when the boy and I were at the sisters, it was busting up all over the place, I've never seen anything like it.

Hopefully I'll have another crack next weekend.

Cheers

Was good to see you and catch up Scratchie as its been a while mate, and congrats to the young fella on his catch, makes up for the king he lost at the boat when we first got to that spot... certainly had his rod buckled over and would have been nice to get that one inside the boat for a look.

How beautiful was the water and conditions yesterday.... absolutely sensational! Wish I stuck around mate, I'll continue my fishing apprenticeship lol..... Must admit I saw so much bait yesterday when the boy and I were at the sisters, it was busting up all over the place, I've never seen anything like it.

Hopefully I'll have another crack next weekend.

Cheers

Was good to catch up! Don't blame you leaving, you'd been out for a while. Keep at it. Everytime you go out you learn something new. I might get a chance next weekend too!

Cheers scratchie!!!