Botany Bay | My kinda Picnic / trevally salmon soft plastic firsts

Baysic

So the misus recons I have been neglecting her of late.... And she may have a point as we have been having plenty of boys boat trips since I bought Baysic.

Why don't we go for a nice picnic I say..... Let's take the boat have a little fish and beach it at towra point for lunch and a swim....

So off we go... Start out at the runway see some surface activity.... Which is gone by the time I tie a metal on.... We head off instead to the oil wharf try the east side for a bit with little success then realising the tide is running out we head to the west and Berley up with pilchard cubes....

We start to get a few small snapper then I hand her my new finese set up bushy legand sp rod with a small sinker and bait on it. She is sitting on the back of the boat when the rod goes off and she hooks up and lands her first decent fish a legal trevally, over the next few hours we get a fair bit of action landing 4 with her with the hat trick...

Next up we beach the boat..... I leave two anchors out as its a run out tide still and enjoy a bit of beach and food.... Waiting for our crab trap to fill.... No luck today.

We drift away from towra and I finally tie a soft plastic on my brand new rod flick it out and first cast I am on.... Can't believe it as I have only caught 1 fish on a plastic before.... It's another trav.

We end up at the runway again and the sounder looks good but not much action ..... I have pretty much finished for the day but muster up the effort to flick out the sp this time with a diesel gulp paddle tail.

A few casts later the rod goes off hard.... Surely not a king I think to my self.... Before we see the fish start to jump like a small Marlin..... A fight ensues with the fish alternating between sounding for the bottom and reaching for the sky.... We land it safely measure it up and it's a 60 plus cm Australian salmon my first and probably my largest fish..... What really tickled me was that I had kinda given up fishing and decided to push on for those last few casts and it was on plastics which I am really inexperienced in.....

Good day out for sure took a while to take smile off my face

post-37809-0-73626000-1460631836_thumb.jpeg

post-37809-0-93681800-1460631865_thumb.jpeg

post-37809-0-45431000-1460631905_thumb.jpeg