Port hacking 16/04/16

Fab1

Went out tonight to try our hand at catching a few bream tonight.I didn't like what I saw when I looked at the tides as we would be fishing a falling tide,but hey any fish trip is better than no trip.

Found a few likely looking places to set up the berley trail armed with chicken ,pillys,prawns to pull in fish after fish for a solid hour or so once the berley was deployed.The problem was that we ended up catching 30 or so with most just under legal at around 20-23cm with only one going 29cm which was released to fight another day.

My son caught a nice Taylor which I kept to salt down for future bait for hopefully something more substantial.

Like usual it was a beautiful night out with the mrs and son having a fish and a yarn together.

Water temp around 21.5deg with very dirty water around and we just beat this rain.

Thanks for reading and hope you all had a productive Saturday. Cheers.

Well done Fabian and family. Must have been lovely on the water at night with regular catches coming aboard. Cheers.

It was a great night out mate with plenty of action to keep us entertained on the light gear.

Another nice night in the hacking. By the sounds of it the water temp has dropped the last few weeks

According to my sounder its dropped around 2degrees and I'm guessing will keep dropping now winters around the corner.

well done fabian! as you said a trip is better then no trip glad you got out there!!

Regards,

Nathan

Sent from my GT-I9507 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate.

Nice report Fab

I love the idea of family night on the water- just need to convince the Mrs :(

I'm lucky as my mrs loves fishing and encourages me to go out as much as I can.She's a keeper me thinks.