A day on the georges with Swordy Sat 16/4

Rah

G'day Raiders,

I was lucky enough to have Swordy take me out on his boat to try out my new flick stick.

The plan was to get some EP's as i'd never targeted them before.

It would be quicker to tell you what we didn't catch. But where's the fun in that.

The day started with some jokes about getting a fish first cast. Yeah yeah, We'll see.

The boat was in the water at 7.30 and we motored 30 metres from the ramp, Swordy says get a cast right in there. Bump, Bump, Bang.

1st cast Bream. Cheering and more jokes about I told you so.

2nd cast, bump, bump, bang. Bream

3rd cast, tap, tap, bang. My first EP. Loving it.

Swordy hasn't even gotten his rod out of the holder yet.

A little bit of drifting around some snags follows with more bream and a decent flatty by Swordy.

There was mullet jumping around everywhere but all of a sudden they weren't just jumping around they were fleeing from something big underneath them.

In chirps Stew - Shark or Jewie... Out came the bigger rods.

We chuck them out and Swordy is showing me how to jig for them and 3rd cast, he is ONNNNN!!

Up came a decent Jew and after a bit of me fumbling with the net as I have never seen a fish this big let alone tried to nett one, its In the boat. A couple of pics for both of us and she was swimming away. Followed by the Jewie dance.... :banana:

The bite wasn't there after the jew so off we went to another spot.

It was bream after Bream after bream followed by the odd EP. But a few too many gooses in speed boats for that spot so we were off again to a different spot where Stew thought it might be worth while to try for another Jew. So we chuck out the big rods again and end up with a double hook up of decent flatties. Woop Woop..

But unfortunately there was no Jew there to play.

Back to flicking for EP's and bream. This spot was a little snaggy and Swordy wasn't parting with his special unsnagging trick. :brucelee:

We are now back to near where we launched and flicking the banks with constant bites and only half plastics left when we got them back to the boat, but could not hook them. Not even sure what they are and up comes an EP and a small taylor.

By this stage we had lost count how many fish we had caught. Not to mention Swordy's PB antler fish. I was also up there with the most antler fish caught for the day.

We motored up to the weir to see if there was any Bass up there. No luck. The only fish we tried for and didn't get.

And Swordy was still not parting with his unsnagging trick. :P

Drifted back down with more and more bream being landed and countless ones just not quite connecting with the hook.

Every time the bite was starting to slow down Swordy would say, "any bites?' with my response being "Nahh...YEP!!" with a few of these actually resulting in a fish being landed.

A few double hook ups along the way which was fantastic.

At about 4pm we reluctantly called it quits so we could make it back and get the boat cleaned before dark. Always hard to leave when the fish are still biting.

I learnt so much the whole day. Was fantastic to finaly get the hang of pastics, and hang out with a top bloke. The new rod was awesome and an ease to use the whole day.

Thanks again Swordy for showing me the magic of plastics and getting me onto new fish and PB's.

The next Jew is MINE though!!

Estimate of 40-50 fish made it into the boat. AWESOME DAY!!!!

Thanks for reading.

Pics to follow

Cheers

Tara

What was your new flick stick, reel and braid? I love knowing what others are using. There is a lot of good gear around today. And it doesn't have to be expensive to feel good and work well!

Edited by bluefin

What was your new flick stick, reel and braid? I love knowing what others are using. There is a lot of good gear around today. And it doesn't have to be expensive to feel good and work well!

It's a pfluger patriarch 2000 spooled with 4lb braid.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

That's why stewy is a great mentor, good fisherman and top bloke. In any order you choose!

Well done Tara. There should also be an award for putting up with stewy all day, trust me I know! :)

Great report guys!

Cheers scratchie!!!

That's why stewy is a great mentor, good fisherman and top bloke. In any order you choose!

Well done Tara. There should also be an award for putting up with stewy all day, trust me I know! :)

Great report guys!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Your not wrong Scratchie.

Maybe he was on his best behaviour or maybe I'm just as bad as him. Hahah

Congrautulations on a great day out, looks a real nice Jewie too.

Good way to break in a new rod with plenty of fish.

I just picked up a new spinner rod so will be trying it out next weekend, hope for a decent catch.

Hmmm Chippo Lakes and another post Cook's River seems like the good fish go there because we can't eat them from those places, it's a shame cos' I always want take home fish, chips on their own get boring,lol

Wow Tara top effort ...... I hope you gave Stewy heaps all day ! Sounds like he gave you fishing space instead of hogging the good spots for himself! Lol great read and well done

I remember when you caught your first jewie on plastics with me ...........mammy

Wow Tara top effort ...... I hope you gave Stewy heaps all day ! Sounds like he gave you fishing space instead of hogging the good spots for himself! Lol great read and well done

Dont worry, I gave as good as I got. :)