Walking my talk: Soft Plastics Jewie

Witha

G'day raiders!

Well, after being given a soap box yesterday and a bunch of eager listeners to indulge me, I then couldn't get a fish on the line to prove my words! Some fisherman I am [emoji14]

Decided on a bit of an early morning redemption session today, having woken up at 3am to play taxi to the airport figured I was already awake so might as well have a flick!

Hit the lower Parra by 5:30 am and just as the birds decided it was dawn had my first cast.

With the hope of Salmon I was running my 1-4 kg Battler and 2004 certate with 6lb leader and a little smelt gulp minnow riding a 1/16th head. Two flicks off the bottom and I got that distinctive *tap*.

Struck up and lost about 30 meters of line in the first few seconds.

Strong head shakes and tail beats and slugging it out deep, knew I was onto a schoolie. Messaged my mate hurry up with the net!

The fish took off again and went around a concrete wall where the bay bends back on itself, for a split second I felt my braid rub on the wall so in a zero style maneuver I dumped my bag and hoisted myself up the wall and managed to get the pressure on him in the other direction, making him swim back around to safer ground.

After a few tense moments near some oysters up popped the silver. My mate arrived with the net and a few happy snaps later I lowered her back down and she swam off strong to grow bigger. No measure but a lovely little silver slab to start the morning :)

c927d72fcc38a2b3e76e70b93e542843.jpg

5193cd3d3696a2c917dde90c756df8bb.jpg

Well done Witha nice catch, so are you telling me that you caught that with the light gear we were learning about on Saturday? Wow.

Thanks mate, yup most definitely that gear. Didn't even change the leader haha. Great fun

Well done man, like the lure shot. Just wondering, do they always have such yellow mouths and patches around the insides of the gill plates, or do you think that's a result of the system they're in? (the one I caught in the Cooks had a similar colour and I wasn't sure if it was to do with the pollution)

Cheers Boss!

Fg did the job [emoji12] haha

? fg referring to the knot Witha? Well done on the very skilful capture of a good fish for the gear used.]

Yeah mate referring to the knot. Thanks! Love the light line thrill

Great catch Witha and top report !!

Nicely done and keep up the great work mate.

All the best

Ian

Cheers mate! Was great to see you on Sat hopefully the kids will be catching the bug soon :)

Great stuff Ben! Good to see you listened to yourself whilst instructing. Lol :)

Not a bad way to start the day!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Haha thanks mate! Better than breakfast I'll say!

Well done man, like the lure shot. Just wondering, do they always have such yellow mouths and patches around the insides of the gill plates, or do you think that's a result of the system they're in? (the one I caught in the Cooks had a similar colour and I wasn't sure if it was to do with the pollution)

Thanks mate! Wouldn't know about the colouring, haven't had a good look inside the previous captures, seemed lovely and clean on the outside so I'm not sure of the pollution effect

Great work mate! Is that a Kietech on a 1/4oz? Most realistic swimming softies I've seen yet, you must be stoked!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Cheers mate [emoji2] that one is just a humble gulp minnow, but I've used the Keitechs and they are great, fish arrow is the other brand I find have the best imitation. 1/16th head as there was little flow and wind

Great catch Ben.

I'm sure nobody doubted your talent.

Sorry I had to miss SP day now. Sigh...

Well done!

Cheers mate, hopefully a few of my learners will snag a couple soon!

Trade you a plastics day for a blackie day some time soon! Still needa christen the new rods properly!

The yellow colouring in the mouth is pretty standard, it can be a bit darker sometimes almost an orange colour but generally that same yellow. Nothing to do with pollution though as far as I know.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk