Botany Bay tomorrow Saturday 4th June

Captain Spanner

This is not a fishing report so feel free to move it Mods, but I know more people check the reports section than any other section.

Anyone planning on fishing botany or the Georges tomorrow morning before the wind hits or planning on coming into or through the river just before or when it does please beware of the conditions below.

The water on the stretch from Botany Bay to captain cook bridge that runs between towra and dolls point is very shallow and the water moves quickly. This is not necessarily a problem for hitting the bottom because it isn't that shallow, but what happens in situations like will be occurring tomorrow morning is a perfect storm. The 7:20am high tide means that the run out tide will be at full pace when the gale force northerly hits mid morning. When the strong wind and chop are travelling in the opposite direction to the tide (same happens in strong southerly and run in tide) the chop will stand up very steep, tall and close together with a lot of water moving. It is very dangerous no matter which direction you are going. I have seen it absolutely brutal in both directions through that stretch and it is really bad, even in what seems like a big boat for a river 15-18ft half cabs. Open tinnieis and bream boys can be worse.

So please don't get caught out in that stretch of water at that time or in those conditions.

Be careful out there guys.

The fishing will be much improved after the rain, however, I will be hooking up the caravan on Monday and heading north for 2 months, so will miss out on the benefit of the rain. Good luck to all, and will read the reports from time to time.

Dave.

The fishing will be much improved after the rain, however, I will be hooking up the caravan on Monday and heading north for 2 months, so will miss out on the benefit of the rain. Good luck to all, and will read the reports from time to time.

Dave.

plenty of rain up north so will still benefit up there

Jim...