Cooks river Fishing Session

sam bros

Hey Raiders

With Uni exams closing in, and all fishing prospects being out of the question. It was going to be a depressing couple of weeks.

But my brother who is my fishing partner watched a dozen or so youtube videos on catching jews on soft pastics and while I was studying he made me ditch the books for a rod to see if we could try our luck on a jew in the cooks

This was the first time actually using soft plastics properly (No bait was brought as to not be tempted to switch) so it was more of a learning session than catching.

We were using squidgie wriggler and other squdgies on a 3/8 ounce jig head.

We went to the railway bridges and some other jewie looking spots but no luck, Did hook up onto 2 flat head but lost it boat side when the spat the hooks.

Even though we did not catch anything, I do believe I have caught the soft plastics bug and will be going again once these exams are over

Sorry no pics as I left the phone in the car

Thanks for reading the report

Edited by sam bros

Well done Sam (and Bro) for ditching the books. They will still be there when you've had your fishing fix. Won't be long before you get on to some decent fish...just remember to take your phone. cheers, Neil

It's always great trying something new. I wouldn't be researching YouTube, I'd be looking at swordies posts over the years! All the info you need on the cooks river right here on Fishraider.

Cheers scratchie!!!

Well done Sam (and Bro) for ditching the books. They will still be there when you've had your fishing fix. Won't be long before you get on to some decent fish...just remember to take your phone. cheers, Neil

Haha, If I fail a subject because I was fishing, it would be well worth it.

I'll be sure to bring phone and GoPro next time to get some underwater footage of that 1m+ jew that I WILL catch

It's always great trying something new. I wouldn't be researching YouTube, I'd be looking at swordies posts over the years! All the info you need on the cooks river right here on Fishraider.

Cheers scratchie!!!

It was a very different style of fishing to what I normally do and I did enjoy it.

Swordie knows cooks river better than the back of his hands. Hopefully get to his level of knowledge one day