Bate Bay

Yowie

Headed out to Bate Bay early this morning, and started bottom bashing from sunrise. Nothing for some time, not even a little spikey flattie. At least the current was almost negligible, unlike the roaring current heading to the south 2 weeks ago. Hardly any swell and just enough wind for a drift.

2 small blue spots turned up after some time drifting, then a switch must have been turned, and the bites came a bit faster. Pulled out my limit of 10, plus a flounder, then headed back in about 8.30am.

3 of the blue spots were just over the 50cm mark, most just over the 40 mark. Very few spikeys today, and also managed a double header of a small barracouta and a smallish tailor, a strange combo in about 100 feet of water.

One of the larger flatties had a small eel in it's stomach, a bit decomposed, but it may have been a sand eel about 35cm long.

A few feeds for the family and friends.

No photo again, as it cannot be downloaded for some obscure reason (do have the photo on the phone) but something is going wrong with the size conversion and it is too big to download.

Well done again yowie!

With the photo, try and zoom in just a fraction and then screen shot it. That will reduce the file size and hopefully that works!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I have tried that. The photos are taken by my camera in a KB size, then saved and ready for transfer to the Fishraider, but somehow they are formatting into MB size and therefore too big to download. At this stage I cannot find why that is happening - same camera, saving into the same folder, but something has changed.

No photo again, as it cannot be downloaded for some obscure reason (do have the photo on the phone) but something is going wrong with the size conversion and it is too big to download.

Hey mate, if you look up how to compress photos, either on your computer (or there are heaps of sites that do it for free) you can make them a smaller file size. It means the ones you post will be slightly less high quality than the originals, but will take up like a quarter of the space. Not quite sure why its happening though, phone photos should be fine you'd think, most raiders simply upload pictures from their phones.

Hey mate, if you look up how to compress photos, either on your computer (or there are heaps of sites that do it for free) you can make them a smaller file size. It means the ones you post will be slightly less high quality than the originals, but will take up like a quarter of the space. Not quite sure why its happening though, phone photos should be fine you'd think, most raiders simply upload pictures from their phones.

Have been uploading from the phone since it was new 2 years ago, but something has changed since returning from Qld in the last few weeks - might be Maroon gremlins.

Headed out again today, pulled out another 5 flatties to 45cm, but it was a long time between bites.

The forecast was for light winds, but at one stage the wind was really blowing. I checked with the B.o.M., and the wind was gusting to 30 knots at Kurnell weather station, and I was not too far from there. Made for a very slow and bumpy ride back home against the wind and waves.