WHO SAYS WOMEN CANT FISH!!

Guest 4myhubby

Guest 4myhubby

Okay ,so this is my very first post on the fishraider sight and although 4myson (my husband) and Anthony my son (4mydad) have been members for awhile and I have been watching and listening to their bragging and exciting days out and posting about there proud catches I know have decided I NEED TO HAVE MY SAY!!!. Yes Women can FISH and they are very good at it too!!! without adding any extra length or weight to their catch.

My husband decided he wanted to go out fishing Friday morning and after repeated nagging I had dropped off the kids at school, washing on the line,dishes done ,youngest daughter ready and strapped into the car while my husband was still polishing up his rods!

He assured me it was going to be a short car trip and we would be at our fishing spot, yes after 1 hour we were finally at the ramp, finally !!! our 4 year old said.

After launching the boat and what felt like an eternity we had arrived to "The magic spot " my husband said with excitement.

Once we had arrived at this so called magic spot my husband wasting no time casting out all the rods and i kept telling my husband why is there such a need for so many rods to be out at the same time. Ignoring me as usual the master fisherman had thrown out his 101 rods and kept reassuring me that there will be some action and within minutes ,I was suprised that within minutes my rod had taken a hit and yes I had caught my first fish and i as i was thinking on how tasty it would be for dinner before my husband told me that it was undersized and gave it to my daughter to release it.

Now with that under my belt i was eager to continue my luck especially now I had the encouragement of my youngest daughter to catch an even bigger fish. And as I did not want to disappoint after the very next cast came a thrilling sound from my rod, line was screaming off the reel ,And I want to make it clear that i DID NOT push my husband out of the way (maybe just a little bit) just enough to stop him from getting to my rod first. I grabbed the rod and felt the fish go for another run and with some direction from my husband ('lift and wind') even though I new what i was doing and it wasn't my first fish I had landed ,okay maybe not this size but is there really a difference,YES!!!!! it was an amazing feeling i must admit i was hoping the line would not snap.After LIFTING AND WINDING for what felt like forever, I see a beautiful flash of pink coming towards the boat and with a scoop of the net from my husband,there it was a huge 70cm  snapper on the floor of our boat hanging from MY ROD!.

Now I understand what an addiction fishing can be especially when you catch a fish like this and can understand when "I will back by lunch" can be lost at sea,I must admit that after this I may have forgotten that I did have 2 other children that needed to be picked up from school(only for a moment)I did come back to reality we made our way back to the ramp and this time enjoying the bumpy ride back.

My son could not believe my catch and kept repeating "did you catch this mum?" and i think he and my husband are proud but a little jealous perhaps it could be all the gloating and photos i have been spreading around to everyone we know.

Just to finish off Thankyou 4myson for dragging me out and taking me to "the magic spot" and giving me the chance to catch such an amazing fish.

YES I AM ADDICTED NOW, WATCH OUT FISHRAIDERS!!!!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AjA1OSKOa7jTiTViZ7tJUUtsklnx

IMAG1011_2.jpg

IMAG0283_2.jpg

thumbnail_IMAG0288.jpg

That's a great capture liz and a great first report! In essence, you sound like you truly understand why we spend so much time fishing! I've forgotten the kids a few times! Lol 

Sasha, I think you need to change your avatar to "4mywife". 

Well done and I look forward to your next report. 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Great effort there 4myhubby. I am sure your hubby while being very proud will be saying well she's not coming again under his breath. 

I have to admit i wish my wife wanted to fish more i would not feel so bad when i arrive home really excited with fish and get the "is that all you got"

Well done and tight lines

R&B

30 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Sasha, I think you need to change your avatar to "4mywife"

Don't You Bloody Start.....That's all I need !!!.....LOL....

Edited by 4myson

Guest 4myhubby
2 hours ago, swordfisherman said:

Ahhhhhhhhhh LIZZY you are now the hunter of the family and Sash can be the cook :P

Well done Liz.

Regards Stewy

Thanks Stewy.Yes how times have changed....

Guest 4myhubby
2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

That's a great capture liz and a great first report! In essence, you sound like you truly understand why we spend so much time fishing! I've forgotten the kids a few times! Lol 

Sasha, I think you need to change your avatar to "4mywife". 

Well done and I look forward to your next report. 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Scratchie.... 4mywife is a great idea !!

Edited by 4myhubby

Guest 4myhubby
2 hours ago, Dalucius said:

Congratulations Liz.

:1clap:Fantastic fish.

Great report.

Hope to see many more reports where you out fish the boys.

Thanks Dalucius. yes very excited about the catch and there should be more females to keep the boys at bay!!!

Guest 4myhubby
1 hour ago, Lungfai76 said:

Is the fire extinguisher there to douse the flames of jealousy over such a stinker fish? ?

16 minutes ago, Welster said:

Great fish well done. Enter it in COTM for sure.

What is with nursing the fire Extinguisher?  Did the boys try to steal the catch?

Thanks guys .yes the fire extinguisher was the only red thing we could find in the boat to put in the photo for the COTM..

Guest 4myhubby
10 hours ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Very proud of your efforts Liz :1clap:

We need to get this ladies versus men comp happening don't we Dalucius :)

If I can beat swordfisherman I will be a hero. I might have to tie one of his arms up.

Thanks Donna, definitely made my day.

50 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Very proud of your efforts Liz :1clap:

We need to get this ladies versus men comp happening don't we Dalucius :)

If I can beat swordfisherman I will be a hero. I might tie of his arms up.

We sure do Donna