A Day Of Firsts

Guest Guest123456789

Guest Guest123456789

headed out fishing this morning. Plan was to launch at terrigal. Got to the bend and it looked rough so I turned right into barnhill and headed to Brisbane water.

managed to catch yakkas easy enough. First plan was to troll a livie and hard body for kings, tailor or bonito. As I'm rigging up I'm feeling real queasy. I ate a servo pie and coffee on the way, head over the gunwhale I layed a great burley trail. Felt a bit better afterwards.

With the electric set to auto pilot I sat on the floor feeling very ordinary as the boat did the work. After an hour I decided to quit and chase mulloway, bream and flathead.

Rigged up a yakka and flicked a lure around the front. After an hour the reel buckles over. Scrambled to the back of the boat and set the hook. Up comes a big slab of silver and Into the boat she comes. Beautiful looking fish, very fat and healthy looking. First mulloway after MANY unsuccessful attempts. She goes 70cm+. Thanks for reading.

IMG_1092.JPG

IMG_1096.JPG

12 hours ago, flatheadluke said:

Caught another one! ? Christmas lunch sorted ?

IMG_1131.JPG

Mate I have heard they get easier after you catch your first one but this is a joke!

Where abouts are you fishing?

First I saw the jewie in the pic and remembered you were still yet to cross the silver ghost off the list! Well done! Two absolute cracking specimens there.

Beautiful fish. Fantastic to have some ripper photos to savour the memory!

Enjoy your Xmas feed!

Edited by Mike89

Guest Guest123456789
6 hours ago, Arnie11 said:

Well done @flatheadluke how big did the second one measure at?

Thanks Arnie. Same size as last one 77cm. 

4 hours ago, Mike89 said:

Mate I have heard they get easier after you catch your first one but this is a joke!

Where abouts are you fishing?

First I saw the jewie in the pic and remembered you were still yet to cross the silver ghost off the list! Well done! Two absolute cracking specimens there.

Beautiful fish. Fantastic to have some ripper photos to savour the memory!

Enjoy your Xmas feed!

Thanks Mike, Brisbane Water

IMG_1130.JPG