Big(ish) Jewfish

Mondo Rock

Hey Raiders

Very long time no post - but had to put this one up. 

First really solid jewfish for me: 98cm, 8kg - caught Sunday on whole butterflied tailor at high-tide (noon) at the ever reliable Juno Point.  Caught with the assistance of a guide so can't really tick off my bucket list but hey, it's still a good result..  At least one other good hit but no hookup.

IMG_3829.JPG

Mondo out.

Wow. I would say that is a fairly big jew! Excellent fish!

Lucky for you you are 2cm shy of the magic metre jew so you'll have to get back out there and keep at it!

Awesome stuff. Much of a fight?

Are you land-based?

Edited by Mike89

Hi Donna - yes it's me, still chasing he Jewish after our Pearl Beach adventure (10 years ago?!?!), although not fishing as much as I used to due to marriage, kids, work etc.  Still fishing though!

Bo - I'd be delighted to post details of the guide but not sure what the site rules are re such things these days. Can anyone confirm?

7 minutes ago, Mondo Rock said:

Hi Donna - yes it's me, still chasing he Jewish after our Pearl Beach adventure (10 years ago?!?!), although not fishing as much as I used to due to marriage, kids, work etc.  Still fishing though!

Bo - I'd be delighted to post details of the guide but not sure what the site rules are re such things these days. Can anyone confirm?

Just PM the details to those that are asking! :)

Cheers,

Wellzy

PM sent - but as a general statement all the guides working the Hawkesbury/Pittwater/Brisbane Waters area are worth their weight.

These are tough systems to learn and you get more out of a half day with the pros than you will learn in a year by yourself. 

1 hour ago, Mondo Rock said:

Great to hear from you Simon :) we often talk about that adventure!

Married with kids oh my I feel old now

As Wellzy says pm for the guides. Ask any that are good to email me if they want to explore some advertising here and they can go for their lives selling their product ;)