Productive session on the Georges

michael2203

G'day Raiders, 

I was up early this morning and headed over to the George's around East Hills and Picnic Point. After reading some other posts about using chicken soaked in fish sauce, I thought I'd give it a whirl. All up, I landed 15 fish in 4ish hours and lost a few more on top of that. Apart from a small tailor and whiting, the rest were bream. A few photo's are attached. 

I'm planning on getting up early tomorrow and having another crack. Hopefully I manage to attract some larger specimens.

Tight lines.

Hodgo

16142809_10154410433029007_2344959747168658411_n.jpg

16195171_10154410433244007_3663347686956300539_n.jpg

16195628_10154410433139007_3763750549997159476_n.jpg

Chicken is a top bream bait!

I use chopped up chicken thigh (a bit tougher than breast) and throw it in a ziplock back, shake up some minced garlic and the cheapo powdery parmesan cheese. Works a treat!

Some nice fish.

Cheers,

Wellzy

On 1/23/2017 at 7:29 PM, MattGb1989 said:

Will the chicken do the trick in all areas of the George's?? I'm thinking about hitting up chippy Norton tomorrow any advice?

Sorry Matt, just saw your post. Yes, chicken works there as well (it has when I've been there before).

On 1/23/2017 at 8:11 AM, Wellzy94 said:

Chicken is a top bream bait!

I use chopped up chicken thigh (a bit tougher than breast) and throw it in a ziplock back, shake up some minced garlic and the cheapo powdery parmesan cheese. Works a treat!

Some nice fish.

Cheers,

Wellzy

Try this recipe 

Mix formula,  start with chicken fillets
Buy them when they are out cheapest in your local store,
finely mince the fillets and divide into 500 gm packs, vacuum seal the packs and freeze for when needed, make a fresh pack after 3 days fishing as it will not keep frozen for long term useage
so here is the mix ratio :
500 gm chicken mince --  
20 ml fish oil --  
1 cove of garlic finely crushed --  
1 table spoon of vital wheat gluten flour --   
1 teaspoon of curry powder --   
1/4 teaspoon asafoetida  powder (Indian Herb) --
Mix these ingredients together then bind the mix with semolina, keep adding the semolina and needing until the gluten forms a mix that you can roll into a small ball that will mould to your hook, 
Do not make it to stiff as it should come of the hook on the first bite, this will keep the fish interested and also works as a controlled burley.
The main secret is to get the mixture to the right consistencey. 
This mix can be used for mullet, tommies, bream, but have also caught snapper, trevally, yellowfin whiting, mackerel and the list goes on, you get the picture. 
Oh, and one more bit of advice, if there are a lot of sand crabs or puffers about, reduce the fish oil

I can't wait to see the pictures of what all you guys / gals end up catching ..

Enjoy

Great_White

This was passed down by an 80+ year old, and he swears by it .... so it is not MY recipe

Edited by Great_White

1 hour ago, Great_White said:

Try this recipe 

finely mince the fillets and divide into 500 gm packs, vacuum seal the packs and freeze for when needed, make a fresh pack after 3 days fishing as it will not keep frozen for any long length tim
500 gm chicken mince --  
20 ml fish oil --  
Mix these ingredients together then bind the mix with semolina, keep adding the semolina and needing until the gluten forms a mix that you can roll into a small ball that will mould to your hook, 
Do not make it to stiff as it should come of the hook on the first bite, this will keep the fish interested and also works as a controlled burley.
This mix can be used for mullet, tommies, bream, but have also caught snapper, trevally, yellowfin whiting, mackerel and the list goes on, you get the picture. 
Oh, and one more bit of advice, if there are a lot of sand crabs or puffers about, reduce the fish oil

Enjoy

Great_White

This was passed down by an 80+ year old, and he swears by it .... so it is not MY recipe

How long do I bake that for? :) 

Thanks for sharing that. Sounds dynamite bait for bream!

and good work on the bream Hodgo! 

cheers scratchie!!!

9 hours ago, michael2203 said:

Sorry Matt, just saw your post. Yes, chicken works there as well (it has when I've been there before).

All good Michael,

Thank for replying will give it ago next time I get the chance to wet a line. Never knew cooking was involved in fishing before catching the fish. Hopefully I'll have some pics of the results soon.

1 hour ago, Great_White said:

Try this recipe 

finely mince the fillets and divide into 500 gm packs, vacuum seal the packs and freeze for when needed, make a fresh pack after 3 days fishing as it will not keep frozen for long term useage
500 gm chicken mince --  
20 ml fish oil --  

Enjoy

Great_White

Sounds like a winner to me. Only issue thou is now the Mrs will expect me to cook for the family haha.