Jacking trailer

raging

A bit of a newby question.

I'm going to replace the tyres on the trailer due them starting to show there age. As I'm replacing both, trailer needs to go up onto stands. 

What's the correct place to put the stands on a quintrex/telwater trailer ? Is it the axle or long or cross beams ?

1 hour ago, raging said:

A bit of a newby question.

I'm going to replace the tyres on the trailer due them starting to show there age. As I'm replacing both, trailer needs to go up onto stands. 

What's the correct place to put the stands on a quintrex/telwater trailer ? Is it the axle or long or cross beams ?

If removing both wheels at the same time it's good practice to have the trailer attached to the car and the cars handbrake firmly attached and in park/gear.

Then jack underneath the axle as close to the leaf spring you can and place a suitable jack under the side rail/s.

If doing one at a time chock the opposing wheel first then continue as above.

Chock,jack and support here.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgRemember to crack the wheel nuts before lifting the wheels of the ground.

Cheers.

I ended up making two trips, with light trucks around $90 each. 

First place I called, they said I was missing numbers on the tyre size, second place said they have stopped making tyres for 13 inch rims and should buy new rims and tyres, third place said no worries and got tyres in the same day.

I also bought a cheap galvanised rim & tyre as a spare. Is this something people padlock on to prevent theft or something not to worry about ?

2 hours ago, Raymondo said:

I'd wager Fab went and jacked up his trailer just so he could take some photos to use as

2 hours ago, raging said:

I ended up making two trips, with light trucks around $90 each. 

First place I called, they said I was missing numbers on the tyre size, second place said they have stopped making tyres for 13 inch rims and should buy new rims and tyres, third place said no worries and got tyres in the same day.

I also bought a cheap galvanised rim & tyre as a spare. Is this something people padlock on to prevent theft or something not to worry about ?

I already had the photos from a previous post.Besides if Raging had of asked I would of taken some photos for him as it's only a few moments of my time.Big deal.

As for preventing theft Raging ,there's no such thing.All pad locking etc does is slow them down.I put mine on the winch post on a bracket I made up and have locknuts holding it on.You can but brackets,make your own or store it in the car like Roylo does.Others carry the trailer spare in the boat,it's up to you.

Make sure you carry an appropriate jack and wheel brace and lock nut key if fitted.

Cheers.

2 hours ago, Raymondo said:

I'd wager Fab went and jacked up his trailer just so he could take some photos to use as a visual aid for this thread. Super helpful Fab , love your work ;)