Jani`s IceFishing season 2017

JaniFIN

Long time no see. Sorry, havent write, becouse havent been fishing, and everytime when i come to site, i feel pain, becouse i live here, and you are there.

Anyway. We start IceFishing season yeastarday. Made 10 holes and fishing about 2 hours, not even bite, but nice trip anyvay. Awter fishing we had small barbeque, and we made short "moon skiing" trip with all family. Saija and Vili skiing 4km, me and Veikka on my backback skiing 6km.

Jani

pilkki 1_small.jpg

pilkki2_small.jpg

pilkki3_small.jpg

pilkki4_small.jpg

pilkki5_small.jpg

hiihto1_small.jpg

hiihto2_small.jpg

hiihto3_small.jpg

2 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Bloody hot here and bloody cold there :) 

It is not so cold now, i dont iceFishing if is colder that -15`c. That day when we went was only -8`c when we start and -10`when we stop fishing. When we skiing was -15`c, but early this week was many days -26`c between -31`c.

Btw, finally my winter fishfinder is it allmoster ready. Have planning make it 2 yaers allready. Today i made this carry "thing" on in esky box, and made isolation for battery. Only need build some sonar "adaptor" for fishing hole. :)

pilkkikaiku1_small.jpg

pilkkikaiku 2_small.jpg

Edited by JaniFIN

5 hours ago, Blackfish said:

Note to self.

If visiting JaniFIN, pack an extra Jumper and Trackys.

Or two just to be safe!

Although on a nice clear day without wind -10 is pretty nice.   43 is never nice.   Even my pool is over 33 ?.

Nice report Jani it's nice to see how things are on the other side of the world.  

Hey mate,

Great to get a report again.

To give you an Idea how hot it is here --- I was sitting in the back yard yesterday playing with my IPad (I do handle extreme heat OK) and it shut down with a error like this

overheat-225x300.jpg

Beautiful photographs....... Don't leave it so long between posts.

Dave

That snow is definitely a world away from our 40+ degrees Sydney summer!

Great report. It's always nice to read reports from abroad and see the different styles of fishing in other countries and areas.

I'm interested to know what kind of fish you can catch in the ice there? Is there pike?

Mostly i fishing Perch, red fin perch. Sometimes catch pike, and usually catch allso roachs, sometimes small common breams.

Some peoples focus icefishing only pikes, other focus zanders, and many focus allso fishing burbots. I have been thinking many years try catch some bigger pike under ice, but haven try yet. My icefishing perch record is only 200g, mut my cousins have catch severals o1ver 1kg. So i try again go fishing with them on this winter for couple of days.  I try take some pictures my icefishing gears and lures and share with you on this forum.

Edit: Exactly i try make short video with my bad english speaking about icefishing, if i learn edit video, or even load video on site or to youtube

Edited by JaniFIN

On 16/02/2017 at 8:51 AM, JaniFIN said:

Mostly i fishing Perch, red fin perch. Sometimes catch pike, and usually catch allso roachs, sometimes small common breams.

Some peoples focus icefishing only pikes, other focus zanders, and many focus allso fishing burbots. I have been thinking many years try catch some bigger pike under ice, but haven try yet. My icefishing perch record is only 200g, mut my cousins have catch severals o1ver 1kg. So i try again go fishing with them on this winter for couple of days.  I try take some pictures my icefishing gears and lures and share with you on this forum.

Edit: Exactly i try make short video with my bad english speaking about icefishing, if i learn edit video, or even load video on site or to youtube

Interesting that the fish thrive in such cold environments. Have you ever caught a big pike either ice fishing or in the summer? They look like a good fighting fish.

Your English is fine! Would love to see the video when you are finished with it.