Crowdy Head Trip!!

bradcrosso

G'day Raiders, heading up to Crowdy Head in a few weeks for a fishing trip on my pat malone, been there once and found some great Snapper grounds. So if all else fails i'll turn to them but was just interested to hear from anyone if they have info on whats biting up there as far as Kings, Macks, Jew, Cobia and even where i could try for a few Pearlies?? 

Any info would be awesome!!

Thanks Raiders,

Brad

Edited by bradcrosso
Spelling

im trying to go to crowdy or swr in two weeks dependent on water and reports...trolling livies around mermaid reef can be awesome when the fish are there..ive caught cobes and spotties on the shoals 3 or 4 miles straight up from crowdy heading north...there is good broken reef in front of diamond head and you can troll livies in close as well..rick

Thanks all, I'll stick with Launching at Crowdy... Misses has given me a 9 day pass so weather permitting i should get around 12 hours a day on the water so if i can't find something decent i may as well sell the boat!!

Very PUMPED!!!

Tight Lines!!

Crosso

23 hours ago, bradcrosso said:

Thanks all, I'll stick with Launching at Crowdy... Misses has given me a 9 day pass so weather permitting i should get around 12 hours a day on the water so if i can't find something decent i may as well sell the boat!!

Very PUMPED!!!

Tight Lines!!

Crosso

Even if the weather isnt fantastic, dont discount dropping the boat in and going just round the corner and trolling some lures 100m off the lighthouse. There's some great structure there and i've caught nice spotties, spanish, mac tuna, bonito, snapper on ordinary days where other boats have all pulled the pin.

Also definitely head out to both the wave rider and the fad for marlin and dollies.

Edited by Escaped

I'm up there on the 17th until the 25th and will be fishing everyday. Let's pray the weather holds up!! Also what would it be like launching a 6.5 metre centre cab at the gaol? I've always gone out over the bar but wouldn't mind a plan b.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys, did any of you get out on those trip dates?? I still went up to Crowdy but had a pretty rubbish week to be honest. Water was brown horrible POO!! By the end of the week it had cleared crystal blue around the 50mtr mark but current was doing about 5 Knots south. Got 1 Pearlie, and a few Snapper early on Tuesday. Then had a struggle all week picking up fatties here and there and small reds and mowies and Red Roco by the thousands..... End of the week chased Spanish around Mermaid but water was still pretty poor. Managed a few good Bonnies and a 5 Kilo Mack Tuna. Got plenty of Snapper bait so not all bad! Hope everyone else did better then me :lol: 

Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 8.12.38 pm.png