Lake Illawarra - first fish on SP

Wellzy94

Hey raiders!

Today saw my partner @Hamilton (who finally has an account and needs to introduce herself *wink wink*) headed down south with some friends. Armed with a mix of plastics I was determined to have a solid crack and finally land one.

Quick off the mark my mate landed a 33cm Flathead on plastics, while I was rigging up a complete newbie to fishing. 

Filled with excitement I quickly threw on a 3" minnow and got started. 4 casts in and nothing, so I move a few metres across and cast out. Two gentle twitches and BOOF! Landed a nice 38cm flatty to mark my first fish on a soft plastic!

Newbie caught some throwbacks and a nice leatherjacket, and after a few hours of not much going on, we packed it in and called it a day.

Cheers,

Wellzy

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0082~2.jpg

58 minutes ago, Wellzy94 said:

Hey raiders!

Today saw my partner @Hamilton (who finally has an account and needs to introduce herself *wink wink*) headed down south with some friends. Armed with a mix of plastics I was determined to have a solid crack and finally land one.

Quick off the mark my mate landed a 33cm Flathead on plastics, while I was rigging up a complete newbie to fishing. 

Filled with excitement I quickly threw on a 3" minnow and got started. 4 casts in and nothing, so I move a few metres across and cast out. Two gentle twitches and BOOF! Landed a nice 38cm flatty to mark my first fish on a soft plastic!

Newbie caught some throwbacks and a nice leatherjacket, and after a few hours of not much going on, we packed it in and called it a day.

Cheers,

Wellzy

IMAG0083.jpg

IMAG0082~2.jpg

Congrats on your first plastic caught Flathead.Im guessing it is very busy on the lake?Im thinking of having a crack there or down greenwell point in the next day or so.

Fab, it was real quiet until about 10am when people started showing up.

Thanks scratchie, but that's my partners hand lol! The little guy was flipping around so she quickly held him in place for a happy snap, then swam him away :)

Cheers,

Wellzy

Oh, nice. I didnt know that leatherjacket live in Lake Illawara?

I have been there once, we caught several flatties, no big but lot of happening. Allso we catch  blue swimmers. Really nice fishing, lot of sand bottom on that lake. ( Iwant back there!!)

2 hours ago, Rah said:

Well done on your first sp fish. There is no going back now mate. 

Next time your down, let me know and I'll come day hi. :)

I didn't know you were local! I certainly will let you know next time I'm down :)

SP fishing is nice. Did try virst time 2009 in Australia, but start it in Finland 2011. After that i have been 95% only with SP on summer. It is so easy, no bait worms or bait fishs looking,  cheaper lose SP's that hard bodys, and you can fishing every deep levels, and main think, you can fishing  really accuracy and you can fishin on bottom.

22 hours ago, Wellzy94 said:

I didn't know you were local! I certainly will let you know next time I'm down :)

Moved last Tuesday. :) will be half Illawarra half Sydney for the rest of the year. 

Guest Guest123456789

Well done Wellzy beautiful looking fish. Don't be scared to add some pro cure scent gel too when using plastics suspended or on the surface ?