Port Hacking again

Yowie

Fished up from Lilli Pilli this morning. The tailor and reddie took salted fish strips, a few more reddies just under size were eating anything thrown at them.

The whiting took a large squid strip on a 3/0 hook, managed to get the hook into his small mouth. Jackets on squid pieces.

When the tide started running up, I waded the sand banks along the main channel. The water is feeling a bit cooler now, so the fishing will start slowing down a bit. Not a touch on the plastics, though disturbed a couple of small flatties buried in the sand as I was wading about.

Headed for home, cleaned the fish and threw in the scraps. A couple of bream turned up, so I hooked up a piece of tailor belly flap and pulled out a bream of 30cm or so, a fat little bugger. Just hooked in the mouth, so his lucky day, released to be caught another day.fish.jpeg.105.png

11 minutes ago, Welster said:

The fish of the hacking must get nervous when you launch that boat!

Hahaha.... like a dark shadow gliding overhead

as always great results Yowie

when u say the fishing will "slow down" do you mean 10 fish instead of 15 :D

41 minutes ago, GoingFishing said:

Hahaha.... like a dark shadow gliding overhead

as always great results Yowie

when u say the fishing will "slow down" do you mean 10 fish instead of 15 :D

Something like that. :lol:  It does start to slow down from now, and it is cold when motoring against the light westerly wind before sun up.

Edited by Yowie

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

I reckon your at the stage of being able to throw a line in with no hook attached and catch fish mate.Again a great report/feed.

Thank you.

Well, I had a trevally swimming about the boat feeding on the scraps, but as soon as I dropped over a bait with a hook, he would not touch it. Even tried a small suicide hook hidden in bait, but no go.

11 hours ago, Yowie said:

Thank you.

Well, I had a trevally swimming about the boat feeding on the scraps, but as soon as I dropped over a bait with a hook, he would not touch it. Even tried a small suicide hook hidden in bait, but no go.

You did it all wrong mate.You should have just placed an open palm below the surface and the trevally would of just came and lay in your hand.We all know your the fish whisperer.