Stacer evo hull vs quintrex millennium hull

sam bros

Hi raiders

Just want to get some of your expertise on the evo hull compared to the millennium hull design 

What does everyone like better and the pros and cons of each

I'm assuming the millennium hull design will be better in chop due to the flared design.

But the evo hull does give more space under floor.

Thanks 

I know this isn't exactly what you asked but if you are looking at a larger boat have you considered the new Quintrex Yellowfin range? They start at 5.8m and are a better proposition for offshore fishing than the two hulls you mentioned.

What type of boat were you looking for a run about, bowrider or bigger?

I drove both before buying the 2016 Stacer 539 bowrider with Evo Hull, there was no real noticeable difference to my untrained eye.

Some people will tell you the quintrex is better because of the front design, others will tell you the Evo rear end is better designed so it will be better.

The Stacer was meant to handle turns better than the Quintrex but i couldn't pick much difference

I ended up with the Stacer as it was $$ cheaper, the Gunnels were flat on the inside side so sitting and cleaning is easier, although it does let the hose water into the boat, when washing down but less gaps for salt to hide,

The Stacer also came with the sports seats rather than the standard seat. Storage was very similar if not the same between the Q 510 and S539.

Sorry could be more helpful, but either one you will love.

Edited by jeffb5.8

I owned a roughly 2000 model quintrex bowrider 5.4 from new with 115hp saltwater Yamaha .   A couple of years ago I switched to a 5.7 Stacer bowrider 150hp HO etec.

The quintrex had heaps of cavitation in fast tight turns pretty annoying for water sports.   The engine would of been set up from the dealer i am not sure if it played a part but I don't think so.  Very stable boat more do than the Stacer.   It felt like it had more freeboard than the Stacer.

The Stacer rides better can pretty much turn on a dime very impressive really.  It is quite stable but not quite as much as the quintrex.   The quintrex felt like a tub in comparison to the Stacer which feels so much sportier.  

The Stacer responds to engine trimming more than the quintrex.   However it is more sensitive to load.  It's noticeable when I am by myself driving it.   So I think trim tabs would be worthwhile.

If I was just fishing I'd be quite happy with the quintrex for anything else I would take the Stacer every time.  

Be warned both are a mass produced boat without a lot of love IMHO.   They could do so many things smarter and better.  

39 minutes ago, sam bros said:

Thanks for the advice 

Yeah both are made by telwater (telwater even owns savage)

I'm looking at a boat in the 480 size, mainly inshore And  occasionally  going outside. 

New or second hand?  I am not sure what the sizes are but be aware the life jacket rules are different below 4.8m

Edited by Welster

I own the stacer 529 outlaw centre console mate and it's perfect for my style of fishing generally chase Jew in the estuaries on plastics, but it's big enough and stable enough to comfortably head outside, did plenty of trips in it over summer to the Fad and further no dramas

16 hours ago, jeffb5.8 said:

In that size and the type of activities you want to do either brand will suit and I think unless you have kids that will do water sport (Tubing ect) then you won't notice much of a difference.

Will be doing tubing and kneeboarding

How would that affect the performance of the hull design?

Edited by sam bros

16 hours ago, Welster said:

New or second hand?  I am not sure what the sizes are but be aware the life jacket rules are different below 4.8m

Will be going second hand 

Being a Student won't allow for a new boat lol

Edited by sam bros

2 hours ago, sam bros said:

Will be doing tubing and kneeboarding

How would that affect the performance of the hull design?

Stacer is reported to be better for water sports due to the hull design,  i haven't done water sports with a Quintrex but i am happy ripping 3 people around on a tube behind my Stacer.

If i have the boat trimmed right i get very little if any water spray over the bow, its a comfortable ride for a Alloy boat and i don't think any more water sprays in my boat compared to a Runabout, but i can fit people easier and i can have 1 extra person legally than the equiv 539 baymaster when out dolphin watching or going for a picnic on a private beach on the river.

But as i said i think you would be hard pressed to pick any difference between a Stacer or Quintrex that are the same production year.

So i would be buying the newest and best boat from either stable