Those 6 words I love to hear.......

TheCount

My 18yo comes home from work last Friday night and asks those magic 6 words:-

"Dad, can we go fishing tomorrow?"

Sure can Son - I'll wake you at 5.

It's been about 3 years since he's come out and I couldn't have been happier getting the gear ready that night.

Put in at Woy Woy at about 6, and fished from the Rip Bridge through to Wagstaffe with garlic chicken for bait. As the tide was running out to the low, drifting along seemed the most appropriate. Came home with 2 x flounder (41cm & 38cm), 2 bream (both 31cm), and 2 flathead (51cm and 45cm) after our 3 hour tour.

Looking forward to the next time.

23 hours ago, TheCount said:

My 18yo comes home from work last Friday night and asks those magic 6 words:-

"Dad, can we go fishing tomorrow?"

Sure can Son - I'll wake you at 5.

It's been about 3 years since he's come out and I couldn't have been happier getting the gear ready that night.

Put in at Woy Woy at about 6, and fished from the Rip Bridge through to Wagstaffe with garlic chicken for bait. As the tide was running out to the low, drifting along seemed the most appropriate. Came home with 2 x flounder (41cm & 38cm), 2 bream (both 31cm), and 2 flathead (51cm and 45cm) after our 3 hour tour.

Looking forward to the next time.

I'm waiting to here my own 6 words.I don't have to work tomorrow.

Hopefully there's plenty more enjoyable trips for you both to share ahead of you mate.

On 16 August 2017 at 10:26 AM, Peter Nelson said:

All the years i've been fishing and I have never used chicken for bait, must work ok? What do you use thighs?

Chicken breast at the moment so I slice 1kg into a mix of sizes, add about 8 cloves of fresh garlic, mix and in the fridge for the next day or freeze if not. Tends to last 4 or 5 trips.

On 16 August 2017 at 0:03 PM, DaveBM said:

"A three hour tour", eh? Next time, give my regards to Ginger and especially Mary-Ann.

;) - at least someone spotted my attempt at humour...

TC.