Outside Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out of Port Hacking this morning before sun rise. The forecast was for light winds less than 10 knots, seemed a bit stronger than that. Swell had dropped a fair bit since Monday, but still cracking over Jibbon Bombie.

Tried the squid jig at 2 spots for nothing, drift a bit fast. Due to the wind, I headed south of the Bombie to try closer in to the cliffs to get out of the wind, but it was blowing S/W so a bit sloppy in a small boat.

First drop was onto something, that turned out to be a double header of barracouta. Moved to another spot for a large pike and nothing else for some time. Another move and 1 spikey flattie, nothing else for a while again.

The wind was whistling in my ears at one time, so stronger than 10 knots. It was looking like I was going home with nothing for the table, bugger that, so decided to move out a bit further. Wind was puffing away, a bit of swell, and white horses on some waves. Water not too deep, but 6 ounces of lead still needed a lot of line out to stay on the bottom.

Pulled up a couple of spikies for bait, then found a patch of fish. All caught on the one drift, and when a couple of waves splashed spray over the side of the boat, it was time to head back in. Not big flounder, but they will taste good anyway.

Only a couple of other mad fishos out there besides me.

fish.jpeg.110.png

1 hour ago, Yowie said:

Are you still heading out and pulling out a fish or 2?

I haven't been out in ages due to various reasons mate.I will be out again very soon and do love reading everyone's reports.