Boat set up.

Fab1

Guest Guest123456789
24 minutes ago, Mullatt said:

Anyone got any idea on how good/bad these little contraptions might be?

https://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/boat-bbq

Never been keen on carrying gas bottles onboard and thought that this could be a better option.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Dave

Fire on a boat. What could possibly go wrong. 

I use one of the portable stoves with the butane can in it ..I put it up on the bait board fry up snags n bacon when I sleep in boat o/nite...there ok so long as you have them in aerated area  if its too windy I put it on esky lid...common sense dictates not putting them in the cab where you can get buildup of fumes......im amazed at the foto at start of thread...rick

17 hours ago, Mullatt said:

Anyone got any idea on how good/bad these little contraptions might be?

https://www.barbequesgalore.com.au/boat-bbq

Never been keen on carrying gas bottles onboard and thought that this could be a better option.

Interested to hear your thoughts.

Dave

Plus it takes about 40mins to start the coals. Time is precious out on a boat or fishing trip. 

1 hour ago, Hateanchors said:

Plus it takes about 40mins to start the coals. Time is precious out on a boat or fishing trip. 

I use a blow torch and it takes about 5mins.If I'm not rushed the charcoal is lit in my charcoal chimney in about 10min using my homemade lump charcoal.Heat beads take about 20mins.

Edited by Fab1

1 hour ago, Fab1 said:

I use a blow torch and it takes about 5mins.If I'm not rushed the charcoal is lit in my charcoal chimney in about 10min using my homemade lump charcoal.Heat beads take about 20mins.

I don’t know what I’m doing wrong. Heat Beads take me minimum 45mins from lighting the firelighters to being burned over ready for cooking. I also use a chimney and blow it with an air compressor as well. 

I love the taste of cooking on open charcoal and don’t mind it every now and then but I find it tends to dry out the meat. I compare cooking my steaks or sausages on a plate or frying pan and they are definitely more juicer. 

Cant beat cooking in a Weber oven with charcoal though. 

Guest Guest123456789

Great thread.

I have a kettle Weber and use either charcoals or wood(let it burn down to coals) for smoking or roasting indirect heat. Very tasty, especially smoked tailor. Mostly I just enjoy an excuse to spend a long time drinking cider outside, tending a fire and listening to music.

grilling and direct heat you can't  beat a gas baby Weber q.

But may absolute favourite tasting meat is a roast leg of lamb or pork(bone in) cooked in a half cup of water, lots of herbs and spices in a slow cooker. Just falls apart and so full of flavour, served in a warm sourdough roll with Vietnamese greens and chopped fresh chilli its amazing.

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

Guest Guest123456789
4 hours ago, Fab1 said:

You can't beat a charcoal fired bbq guys.Especially when you have a Uruguayan or Argentinian cooking it.Now how to install this on my Quinny.I reckon it would go down alright.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Fab did you make that BBQ yourself? The J clip is a giveaway.

nice work if so that's a beaut. 

Guest Guest123456789
22 minutes ago, Mullatt said:

Silly me, of course nothing could go wrong eh:lol:

Not as silly as me mate I once thought a good way to rid our backyard of ants was to pour petrol on them and burn them out. A 25 litre plastic Jerry can caught fire, so did a clothesline and almost the eaves on the house.

15 minutes ago, flatheadluke said:

Not as silly as me mate I once thought a good way to rid our backyard of ants was to pour petrol on them and burn them out. A 25 litre plastic Jerry can caught fire, so did a clothesline and almost the eaves on the house.

That's enough arson around from you Luke. bn