Croc and Rat

blaxland

Hi Raiders went out today knowing wind was coming straight to live bait hole 9 yakkas in as many drops using those 3 hook pre rigs with a star sinker and pilchard bits. No patience for squid today. Over to the protection of the lee of North head Trolled up and down without success but there were a few other boats there. Went back to where I had noticed some surface boils just inside old mans hat and they were still there put a sugapen through it and got a good fight from a rat which nearly straightened the hook I had replaced the trebles with singles may have to get heavier hooks put him back. Good fight on 4 LB braid and my lightest rod. Tried to follow the boils but it was to hard given the distance the 4.3gm lure can cast. Then motor over to my secret go to spot near north harbour put out a livie notice some boils not to far away burly hard with bread pillies and left over slimy off goes the baitrunner up comes an 80cm plus Flattie big old girl to big to keep. All in All a good day out I did get couple of 40+cm  flatties for the table

20171116_082402.jpg

20171116_095745.jpg

Edited by blaxland

5 hours ago, Towlersbay boy said:

How good are the Sugapen's on the kings ! The trebles they come with straiten on bream so good work getting the king in. 

I replace the trebles with singles the surface fish have been fussy read about there working so thought Id give it go might of got lucky but will have it ready next outing just in case. Made an error in original post lure is 4.3gms

20171117_161953.jpg

Edited by blaxland