Harbour Hoodlum

PPSGT

Hi Raiders,

Longtime between posts, still read them so thought i'd contribute a post

Hit the harbour today at 5.30am

Livies easy to come by and hit the sabikis in full strings. 

Downrigged markers around the harbour with big baits for trophy fish ?

First strike its on.... reel screaming like its in free spool.... baitrunner was on - looked very impressive and a very hungry 50cm rat gets boated

Next pass - drag engaged but this time its truly like its in freespool under heavy drag r od buckling over and the monster mesh tip is under water. Grab the rod, its around the DR no chance of untangling the freight train and my PB trophy fish is gone

My mates rod is still in the action and 20 metres later he is on. Big fight with lots of runs a few minutes later gets colour and put back the net and grab the gaff and 110cm of kingfish hits the deck

2nd fish was nowhere near the strike or power of the first but theres always next time!

Its my second smoking this year on the elephant gun tackle by unstoppable fish 

Continued out to South Head for 40cm king on jig

Screenshot_20171119-155302.png

31 minutes ago, mrsswordfisherman said:

Sadly we cant get anymore Blaxland. We had those made several years ago for a very cheap price.

May be worth the exercise to do some pricing and ask us if we are prepared to pay and see if the response = worth doing $30+ at the tackle store

25 minutes ago, blaxland said:

May be worth the exercise to do some pricing and ask us if we are prepared to pay and see if the response = worth doing $30+ at the tackle store

I know that we've been down that road before. Major brands buy in bulk. You pay through the nose for a small print run of say 100 items, even 200. Then there has to be a small profit or charge to allow for delivery/postage & time. We did the sums years ago & it was going to cost more than $30 each to get them done. It just wasn't worth it. I've still got my original. They were top quality. No rips, tears, fading etc. Still looks great today. It would be very difficult to find that quality & price again.

1 hour ago, jeffb5.8 said:

I am just starting to chase Kingies, what sort of set up we’re you using..

i fear I maybe to light with 50lb Braid and 60lb leader.

Thunnus 12000 on monster mesh rod and 50lb braid to 60lb leader and 4/0 circle hook. 

Edited by PPSGT