Hawkesbury Classic Credibility

numbnuts

It would be a shame if the H/Classic lost some of its credibility due to fishos deliberately cheating.The Pitt Town Club does a great job raising money for charity with this event, but anybody who was at the weigh-in would have seen a persons name up on the leader board for quite some time( fortunately he did not win in the end).This guy was seen fishing for Jews on the river Wed,Thurs & Friday in his blue Stessl by several different people, including some pros.Yet he had the nerve to front up and enter his fish!! A lot of eyebrows were raised last year as well ,to the point where some prominent fishos won't bother even entering anymore. How do we weed out these scumbags ??? :mad3:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the guy you mention in your post mate is a member on this site and may not take too kindly to your allegations there. How do you know who he did not get the fish within the comp time? I have met him and he is a champion bloke and gun jewie fisho but dont hang him just because he was seen fishing prior to the comp...innocent until proven guilty.

Interesting first post mate.

I'll be amused to see the replies

Stan has changed his name to numbnuts.

Be warned, we have have two forbidden topics. Mud Crabs and the Hawkesbury Classic.

I'm not taking the Black Pig up there, I'll get emailed out of town! :074::074::074::074:

All jokes aside numbnuts this site has a big number of people who get on pretty bloody well.

Best not to arrive with the "shoot first, ask questions later" approach.

Hang around for a while, say some positive things, then ask a few questions.

You'll be amazed at how helpful people on this site can be!

Cheers

Pete

just for the record, I have surfed and enjoyed this site for nearly a year now but until today I had been happy to just be a spectator.I keep my ear to the ground and hear plenty, from illegal traps, selling of fish etc...but I have also learned to sort thru the bulls#%t. I wouldn't have posted it if I was in dout.

It would be a shame if the H/Classic lost some of its credibility due to fishos deliberately cheating.The Pitt Town Club does a great job raising money for charity with this event, but anybody who was at the weigh-in would have seen a persons name up on the leader board for quite some time( fortunately he did not win in the end).This guy was seen fishing for Jews on the river Wed,Thurs & Friday in his blue Stessl by several different people, including some pros.Yet he had the nerve to front up and enter his fish!! A lot of eyebrows were raised last year as well ,to the point where some prominent fishos won't bother even entering anymore. How do we weed out these scumbags ??? :mad3:

I'm sorry guys but i have to agree with numbnuts here, yeah it might be his first post but at least what he says has some merit. I have entered the comp for a few years now and really enjoy the weekend. It pisses me off when the entire mood of the weekend is spoilt by talk of cheating by a 'certain' individual. No-one else is implicated by these allegations. I too have had eye-witness accounts of this person fishing b4 the start time, now you can't tell me this a pre-fish discovery session in order to maximise his chance of winning over the weekend. Unfortuantly where theres smoke theres fire.

Official complaints were made in regards to this to the president of the fishing club, and from what i believe tighter guidlines will be enforced next year, maybe a touch too late, as numbnuts said some prominent fisherman have already pulled stumps on this event for this express reason last year. Fortunately this did not lead to any podium fishes this year...

This post is in no way a case of 'sour grapes', as i did not win anything this year but an attemp to curb an unethical culture in our sport. But an ego is a big thing to overcome sometimes....

just for the record, I have surfed and enjoyed this site for nearly a year now but until today I had been happy to just be a spectator.I keep my ear to the ground and hear plenty, from illegal traps, selling of fish etc...but I have also learned to sort thru the bulls#%t. I wouldn't have posted it if I was in dout.

If that turns out to be the case then fair enough numbnuts.

But I still think you could have chosen an alternative to the "launch without warning" as your first post.

If you're a keen fisherman why would you choose only to be a spectator?

The :1welcomeani: mat is laid out to all newcomers here!

Guest hottuna

WHo giveS a flying #@$% WE WON THE BOAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Didn`t need to weight a thing!

WHOOWEE

DAN

Edited by hottuna

Guest hottuna

Very serious!

4 of us (their first classic) entered in the hope of winning the boat. The guy who won it Morris, was fishing with me for the classic, who by the way needs all his knots tide for him! Took out the boat. 4 good friends who this summer have access to a wonderful quinny 420 explorer trophy!

What a prize!

dan

Very serious!

4 of us (their first classic) entered in the hope of winning the boat. The guy who won it Morris, was fishing with me for the classic, who by the way needs all his knots tide for him! Took out the boat. 4 good friends who this summer have access to a wonderful quinny 420 explorer trophy!

What a prize!

dan

Dan, What did he catch, give us a storey and how about a pic to go with it. Some of us are starving, we need a storey post

Cheers

Very serious!

What a prize!

dan

Well done May Be NOT. From the post you put up last week about the amount of time you intended to fish over the weekend I'll say you deserved to win. Persistance pays.

Pretty funny that the guy who won needs all his knots tied for him though!

Dan, What did he catch, give us a storey and how about a pic to go with it. Some of us are starving, we need a storey post

Cheers

The prize is won as a lucky door prize to encourage entrants to attend the weigh-in, not as a heaviest fish prize. It's better that way, it's supposed to stop the cheating in the comp and give everyone a chance of winning the big prize. Well done morris, congratulations mate and enjoy the new toy. I hope it happens to me next year...

That’s a big and bold call. You may have your ear to the ground sorting out bull droppings but you still cannot come up with any proof.

There is no crime in fishing leading up to a comp. If I had spare time I would spend it fishing because I enjoy it.

Besides if a fish was caught pre comp, then at the weigh in, would it not look a day or so old????

Always reminds me of a joke years ago when a semi trailer tragically ran into a Hotel in the Northern Territory. Every one was on the lookout for a Dingo with a Class 5 Drivers Licence. :074:

That’s a big and bold call. You may have your ear to the ground sorting out bull droppings but you still cannot come up with any proof.

There is no crime in fishing leading up to a comp. If I had spare time I would spend it fishing because I enjoy it.

Besides if a fish was caught pre comp, then at the weigh in, would it not look a day or so old????

Always reminds me of a joke years ago when a semi trailer tragically ran into a Hotel in the Northern Territory. Every one was on the lookout for a Dingo with a Class 5 Drivers Licence. :074:

Not necessarily.. a fish in a bath of ice keeps for quite a few days.. look how long fish at the markets are kept fresh for

I had friends fishing those nights and they did see him there, he definitely cheated, and did not win, goes to show, cheaters dont always win. He is the one that yells at everyone at one famous spot. Numbnuts is not lying.

d!@$#heads yelled at me too... and i was showing courtesy as well. Thinks he owns the waterway. I heard he yelled once too often and got what he deserved. Sweet revenge

Kevvie,

i would love to see some proof of someone weighing a fish that was caught days earlier.

Of course, anyone can PRE FISH, and most good fishos would. There is no rule against pre fishing, or the collection of bait before the 6pm fri nite start time. Also, if you have weighed or been present at the weiging of many fish, you can actually tell a fish that has been kept on ice for a few days or more. As for cheats, i think that any comp with prizes could have the possibility of the element of cheats, as to some people, ego is mosre important than honesty.

Just like many game fishing tourneys, you cant be alsong side EVERY angler that SAYS they tag a fish.

You sometimes have to have faith in people.

I have no problem trusting people as i would never cheat and cant see why anyone ever would. They only ever do themselves damage in the end.

I for one enjoyed the day, and Congratulate Dave Pearce on another fine fish to take the comp out.

As for big name fishos pulling out, if you take the winners over the past 5 or more year, they are all still fishing the comp, year in year out.

Even if one person tried to cheat, one reported case out of 700+ anglers is not too bad.

The person in question didnt even get a look in anyway..........lol

Dan, congrats on the boat win mate, you bunch of larrikans helped make the day.

heres an idea for everyone that wants to roast this guy they think is cheating.

Next time there is a comp, take your digi camera(be sure it has night vison also) video even better, and video him catching his fish with time and date display.

Also, have some witnesses willing to testify.

Then, submit the proof on the day and BINGO!!

you caught you guy (as long as he weighs the fish he caught before start time)

If however, he weighs fish he caught legally, and you have made him out to be a public spectacle, be prepared for a possible court case for defamation etc.

Who knows what it could lead to.

Just a thought.

changa

Edited by changa

Be warned, we have have two forbidden topics. Mud Crabs and the Hawkesbury Classic.

Don't forget to add "Secret Jewfish Spots" to that list Captain. :biggrin2:

There must be something in the water lately I reckon................

Shane

:1fishing1:

i was fishing next to him last week in a prominent spot. i was already anchored there before he arrived. he asked if its ok to anchor in line with me (left me plenty of room) and also said to let him know if i hook up and he'll clear the way :thumbup:

a couple of hours later a boat anchored in front of him (and in my way too really) and he yelled out to them to make them aware but they anchored anyway. he did not say anything rude and i too was annoyed but reckon these guys thought they left plenty of distance. Luckily (well not really) we didnt hook a big boy as we would have been in trouble :ranting2: as the ell says, once youve hooked or witnessed a big jew run you will understand what im saying and understand his frustration.

Having said that, nobody owns the water and i have no problem sharing spots with other boats as long as common sense and a bit of respect are shown.