Hawkesbury Classic Credibility

numbnuts

d!@$#heads yelled at me too... and i was showing courtesy as well. Thinks he owns the waterway. I heard he yelled once too often and got what he deserved. Sweet revenge

The person in question certainly has has alot of bad press in the past year. A dedicated long post was recently on another fishing forum, and the public feeling towards him there was far from friendly - from many individuals.

maybee...... some of those enemies may have been paying him back with these nice comments.....

food for thought.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I got home from the weigh in yesterday I was fuming ,thats why I chose to send that post. This topic was on everyones lips yesterday .I am just speaking up ,someone has to. I was told first hand by several unrelated fishos who were in very close proximity during "official" competition hours both day and night, and these guys are real hawk-eyes they all insist he caught no thing worthy of weighing in.As for "freshness" everyone with any experience in this game knows how well saltwater ice-slurries work.I may be new poster to this site ,so what!' at least I am angry enough to get off my arse and tell it how it is.If only more of us did this our sport would be threatened.

If there were any issues it’s up to the tournament committee to do something and if people have cause for concern then they should take it up with the committee and lodge a protest.

I think enough has been said about the matter. This is a public forum and the guy is not here to defend himself nor should he be vilified publicly. It simply is not fair to do so on the subject of a persons morals or ethics.

Bad manners is a diffrent subject and at some stage we are all guilty.

I certainly would have a different slant to things if people posted slanderous accusations about my character and so would anyone else.

Now back to happy fishing stories.

Guest bluecod

.... As for cheats, i think that any comp with prizes could have the possibility of the element of cheats, as to some people, ego is mosre important than honesty.

Just like many game fishing tourneys, you cant be alsong side EVERY angler that SAYS they tag a fish.

You sometimes have to have faith in people.

I have no problem trusting people as i would never cheat and cant see why anyone ever would. They only ever do themselves damage in the end.

changa

Guys,

Gotta agree with Changa :thumbup:

I think its a credit to Clubs such as the Pitt Town Club that organise, and I believe very well, these events with a lot of the proceeds going to charity.

Some blokes can't help themselves and they throw their lot into the running of these events, not one but two or three events per year [and sometimes individual support projects], for the satisfaction of providing charitable organisations with additional financial backing - I dips me lid to you, and quite a few would know to whom I refer :1clap:

If you're that paranoid about someone cheating, then don't enter. With some 700 anglers fishing, and assuming that the top 20 anglers are there as well, then the chance of picking up a noteable prize is SFA.

Enter for the fun of the comp, the support for charity and the chance to get some fresh air.

I know that an official of another club spoke the the Pitt Town President to tell him of the goings on,but apparently he wasn't that interested .That is a shame because ultimately it is the credibility of his contest that is in question.After all gaining advantage by deception is FRAUD .Hopefully they can come up with a better option next year ,perhaps digi-cams which all seem to have these days. it is just a sign of the times I guess that some people think cheating is OK as long as you don't get caught.

I cant believe this,in less then two weeks we have Two new posts from new members , having a go at other people.

I enjoy a good discussion as well as the next man but all I ask is that you go and spread your opinons/written diarrhoea on some other friggin website.There sure as hell is enough of them that are more then willing to accomodate any angler with the sort of witless arguments that you fellas are willing to voice.

Simon

I cant believe this,in less then two weeks we have Two new posts from new members , having a go at other people.

I enjoy a good discussion as well as the next man but all I ask is that you go and spread your opinons/written diarrhoea on some other friggin website.There sure as hell is enough of them that are more then willing to accomodate any angler with the sort of witless arguments that you fellas are willing to voice.

Simon

Well said Simon.

Im all for airing the truth.

So come on, S#!t or get off the potty!

If you guys have the proof present it, if you cant nail the alleged cheat in a manner that leaves no doubt leave it alone.

I have nothing to contribute on the cheating issue other than as a new member you might have picked a better topic to start with. Come back when you have some proof.

As for the bloke you are talking about, he is a dead set %%%%%. I have personally had him yell (at me) when I was nowhere near his lines (not within cooee) and as it turns out this event was witnessed by another 'raider who coincidentally happened to be (unbeknown to me) nearby. With that attitude there's little doubt he deserved the going over he got and it's a shame they didn't drown the arsehole.

I have nothing to contribute on the cheating issue other than as a new member you might have picked a better topic to start with. Come back when you have some proof.

As for the bloke you are talking about, he is a dead set %%%%%. I have personally had him yell (at me) when I was nowhere near his lines (not within cooee) and as it turns out this event was witnessed by another 'raider who coincidentally happened to be (unbeknown to me) nearby. With that attitude there's little doubt he deserved the going over he got and it's a shame they didn't drown the arsehole.

Hmmmmmmmmm NOT ON YOUR XMAS list Ian :mad3: And i dont know who it is either and dont really care that much ,love to see a good forum going for it :thumbup:

I'm really a peaceful person, I just don't like bad manners, especially on the water where we go to relax.

Edited by iain

I'm really a peaceful person, I just don't like bad manners, especially on the water where we go to relax.

I would have to agree with Ian this bloke is a wanker end of story

I have had this bloke last march anchor behind me ........ he was a little lucky that im not as easy upset as him or I may have abused him like he does every one that dares to fish Juno or Gunya.

This year may be a diffrent story as I the same as many other are growing a little sick of the crap.

This a forum you big bunch of pussies.... Since when has maginalising and suppressing freedom of speech been against this whole premise. I think that topics like this is a good counterbalance to 'fluffy' fishing reports and general fishing chit chat.

Since joining this site i have offered any information i have learned from 3 generations of fisherman to anyone that has asked. I have held nothing back in terms of secrecy or encouragement for those who have deserved it and i feel that i have the right to discuss any topic related to fishing i see fit. If you don't like this thread bloody well don't read it, it's your choice, just as it is our choice to participate if we so desire. We have mentioned no names and haven't influenced the perceptions of others on this site who don't know who were talking about. There is, however, a general consensis that agree with what we are saying here and these responses have a right to be heard. Sorry to see a bunch of pussies that don't want to rock the boat (pun intended).

In regards to a previous response suggesting that if we have caught big jews we might understand his frustration... mate we have pulled our fair share of monsters out of the system so we are well aware of how a big jew runs, a little presumptuous don't you think to believe that the reason we get yelled at is cause we anchor in front of the moron, not all of us are wankers.

I don't want to get frustrated with this site cause i believe that i add some sort of value in terms of experince, don't push people like us away cause you don't like an opinion we may have on someone or something

I know this is a bit of an emotional issue...and everyone is entitled to their opinions and views. But please remember to be civil to each other. We will never all agree on every topic to do with fishing, but we can all agree to disagree!

Please also remember what you write can easily be mis-understood by the reader. I know it sounds like I'm preaching...but I'm trying not to :wacko:

I know that an official of another club spoke the the Pitt Town President to tell him of the goings on,but apparently he wasn't that interested .That is a shame because ultimately it is the credibility of his contest that is in question.After all gaining advantage by deception is FRAUD .Hopefully they can come up with a better option next year ,perhaps digi-cams which all seem to have these days. it is just a sign of the times I guess that some people think cheating is OK as long as you don't get caught.

Numbnuts,

i can address your concerns i think as i was there.

The person in question that complained, did just that, he complained. he had NO PROOF whatsoever.

Now, you cant walk into a courtroom and point to a man and call him a murderer and EXPECT him to go to jail WITHOUT PROOF(thats why we have courts)

As i have said before, if you wanna catch the guy out that bad, use your digi cameras and take pics. if the fish submitted meets the pic and we can prove it, you got your man.

Without proof, there really is nothing anyone can do except speculate.

Nothing wrong with airing your grievances, but please dont hang people before they are proven guilty.

As othes have said, and i reitterate their words, to complain is one thing, but bad manners and slandering people really doesnt belong here.

changa

When I got home from the weigh in yesterday I was fuming ,thats why I chose to send that post. This topic was on everyones lips yesterday .I am just speaking up ,someone has to. I was told first hand by several unrelated fishos who were in very close proximity during "official" competition hours both day and night, and these guys are real hawk-eyes they all insist he caught no thing worthy of weighing in.As for "freshness" everyone with any experience in this game knows how well saltwater ice-slurries work.I may be new poster to this site ,so what!' at least I am angry enough to get off my arse and tell it how it is.If only more of us did this our sport would be threatened.

Numbnuts,

you ever been on a trawler? or other pro boat?

anything that is not going to go to market in a day will NOT be put on ice slurry.

Ice slurry MAY keep the fish smelling fresh but it does not help keep it LOOKING fresh.

As i said, there are ways to tell if a fish is more than a couple days old and also easy to tell if its been frozen.

changa

ps. if more of 'us' did this our sport would not be threatened but our pride in being a good aussie citizen would be.

Most of us have no problem doing the right thing.

Kevvie

I think that this topic has been good in some respects, and I dont think that we are 'pussies' for discussing it the way we have. I will not weigh into the claimed cheating issue as I have no expreience in this, I did not fish the classic, nor did I even go out fishing on that weekend. What I will say however is two things, firstly, the person in question has been discussed on several forums, and his antics on the water are famous (sometimes for valid reasons with inconsiderate people, but other times like Iain where he anchored some 60-80m downstream at a well known spot). He has certainly not been treated on this site as he has on others, and no one has named him here like on other sites (it might be worth noting that obviously some people have taken an even greater dislike than simple words by the sounds of it).

Secondly, Fishraider is a great fishing forum - like people say, its open with its advice, friendly, no sh#t gets discussed and people dont tend to flame or hide behind nicks (OK my nick is not my name, but more people know me by that name than my real name which is below). Thats the way we like it, thats the way the moderators keep it - BIG THUMBS UP MODS :thumbup: As far as supressing freedom of speech - this is a private forum - you must be a member, and the mods keep it civil to keep a good feeling on the site.

If I want useless arguments I will go to those BIG fishing sites and read topics on wether to call a certain fish goodoo or cod, and the rules on fishing for xyz species using abc branded gear. I dont want those discussions, nor do most people here and thats why fishraider is great. 90% of the topics are fishing related :)

Just my two cents worth

Adrian

Guest hottuna

Dan, What did he catch, give us a storey and how about a pic to go with it. Some of us are starving, we need a storey post

Cheers

What did he catch

He didn`t weigh a thing in.... neither did i.

dan

I had friends fishing those nights and they did see him there, he definitely cheated, and did not win, goes to show, cheaters dont always win. He is the one that yells at everyone at one famous spot. Numbnuts is not lying.

Think of it this way....

he is a very good customer of mine, and like me fishes on every day off possible. Heck i was out friday morning, only because I HAD THE DAY OFF. Comp didn`t start till 6pm friday. prefishing is fine in most plls books

dan

d!@$#heads yelled at me too... and i was showing courtesy as well. Thinks he owns the waterway. I heard he yelled once too often and got what he deserved. Sweet revenge

If i spent $300 (on bait - squid at $24 kg + food) on getting my arse to a spot early, spread my 5 or 6 baits around only to have some novice anchor down current within big jewfish wipeout territory id tell that person where to go also, nicely first, then if they don`t move. MAKE THEM!

Dan

Well said Target.

I am going to add my two cents worth.

I enjoy this forum because of its uniquness, its ability to generate worthy meaningful information about fishing and some other important topics in generally a well structured and peaceful manner without egos getting in the way, without people belittling each other and trying to outsmart or outwitt the next forum member. I have been involved in a fair few forums in my time, and i have seen great forums deteriate very quickly by people "just expressing their opinion".

Just go and have a look on slashdot, overlander, fishnet etc etc and see the people that seem to get off on making there opinion the loudest voice.

I think the mods here need a pat on the back for making the best effort to make this a friendly and worthwhile palce to discuss the local fishing community without fear of meaningless dribble and without a whole lot of trolling and flamebait....

Lets all smoke the peace pipe and get on with what it is we all love... :1fishing1:

Warwick.

kevvie, calling people pussies (i will assume u are referring to me too as i dont appreciate all the bulls#$t involved with this topic) is a little childish mate. Be a man and get on with it-your input on this site has been helpful to many im sure and being an experienced jewie fisho you can help a lot of others. no one is trying to push you away, and if youve caught your share of big jewies than you should be well aware of some poeples poor choice of anchoring positions, im sure its happened to you too -Dan hit the nail on the head.

like the majority,i am a peaceful person who fishes to relax, unwind and appreciate how lucky we are just to be alive and have the chance to fish...

Lets all smoke the peace pipe and get on with what it is we all love... :1fishing1:

Warwick.

amen to that, brother :smoke:

Edited by jewnut

Congrats to your mate on the boat win Dan, that is a great prize.

Anyone know the full results of the comp ?

I would be interested to hear how big the biggest jew caught was this year as there have been a few stonkers caught over the passed few weeks.