Hawkesbury Classic Credibility

numbnuts

Thanks Darryl, that is a nice fish.....i was at a bux day on Saturday and got a call from a mate who was fishing sydney harbour and he was hooting and hollering about an 18kg jew he caught in one of the most unlikely spots, i will post a pic up of his fish and the background in due time, he is just waiting to see if a magazine will publish his picture, the fish is very silver and looks like it hasnt spent much time in the river.

I also know of the guy you are all complaining about and he is a bit of a fruitloop and sounds like he is on the whacky stuff :smoke: which also could add to his paranoia...i know that there are 3 renowned spots in the hawkesbury but you just never know where a big fish will turn up and it does pay to always try different things. I feel sorry for him cos there seems to be a lot of people out to get him and his reputation now. This is a great website and all this jewfish ramble of secret spots, cheating, photo backgrounds etc just goes to show that when it comes to jewies fisherman go a bit loonie, could be all those lonely nights, just dont discredit a fishing comp like the hawkesbury classic cos a lot of hard work is put in to organise such a big event....you gotta love the drama though ! Keep it going fellas its all very entertaining and it makes the day at work interesting !! :thumbup:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kevvie, calling people pussies (i will assume u are referring to me too as i dont appreciate all the bulls#$t involved with this topic) is a little childish mate. Be a man and get on with it-your input on this site has been helpful to many im sure and being an experienced jewie fisho you can help a lot of others. no one is trying to push you away, and if youve caught your share of big jewies than you should be well aware of some poeples poor choice of anchoring positions, im sure its happened to you too -Dan hit the nail on the head.

like the majority,i am a peaceful person who fishes to relax, unwind and appreciate how lucky we are just to be alive and have the chance to fish...

Hi Jewnut, i was a little fired up last night.. you are right in two points, i too fish to relax from my week at work and maybe a little childish for calling those that opposed this type of conversation pussies. I guess i felt like this was something that should of been raised as to deter those in the future that wanted to bend the rules. I have had people on the river show me no courtesy b4 and it sucks i know but sometimes other don't know thier mistake either and don't know the etiquette involved.

I enjoy the people and posts here and understand your desires for wanting to keep it civil, i have never read or posted to other fishing forums so i don't know what they are like in comparison to this one. I felt this was a place where views could be shared no matter the topic or persuation. Maybe i'm wrong and need to dull it down a little but i'm a passionate person and i don't want to curb that.

kevvie mate, i feel your frustration and no hard feelings, everyone is free to air their opinion. cheating is blatantly wrong and you have obviously been given the rough end by this bloke which i really cant comment on...as i said, only met him once and he was fine (never knew of the bad publicity about him prior to this)

My main point is to not let him or any other crap spoil your fishing experience, and yes some people genuinely dont know theyre doing anything wrong as i said in my earlier post. I have never had a go at anyoune on the water, i dont own it and dont let people ruin my days out which are too few and far between. Now if youll excuse me im off to tie my rigs for tomorrow, hoping to crack my long overdue duck on a biggun :thumbup:

good fishing to you...

Telcobroker,

why cant you do as hundreds of others do?

Enter a comp(whatever it is) join some great blokes in comradiere, make new friends, talk some fishing, maybe even learn a little trick or two(you never know) and relish in watching some really GREAT fishos collect some well deserved rewards.

I enter my entire family(thats 6 of us) in the classic every year and only once in 5 years have i even taken my boat out to actually have a fish.

i enter to be in the chance for the boat giveaway and have a blast with some great mates made over the years.

It can be whatever you want it to be.

changa

Maybe I should Changa and maybe one day I will but at the moment the nappy changing and bottle washing (not home brew bottles) takes priority. Um and that wasn't my own nappies either, just to clear up any confusion.

:Funny-Post:

:074::074::074::074:

i understand mate, i had 4 boys under the age of 6, i know all about nappies :wacko::wacko:

Anyways, always good to catch up with fellow fishos for a few coldies :beersmile:

Was good to catch some raiders out there.

changa

gee guys, i just read this thread after getting back from Melbourne. Sorry to see so many great fishing mates upset by something. Best to just agree to disagree on some things and be happy. We are all dead for a very long time.

:074: hey pugwash... i thought you were gonna blab :074:

Funny stuff mate... floggin this kingy thing a little arnt ya but? :074:

I guess you ernt the rite :thumbup:

Sorry Kevvie,

I was just trying to remind us that nearly every single one us do this purely for the fun and a feed!

AND maybe to brag a little on that absolutely rare occasion when you can. :1fishing1:

Good on ya mate

Pete

Guys,I'm sorry I caused such a s#*tstorm with my first post. I really like this site, as many have said it is open and honest ,guts n all ,fair dinkum fishing site and it centres around the places I love to fish-Hawkesbury & the Harbour.Let me tell you about me. I am well respected senior member of one of Sydneys biggest fishing clubs with strong links to FCA ,ANSA.I am NOT a hothead who gets his thrills by making up phoney fishing threads just to anger you guys.People who Know me see me as just your average mild mannered guy who loves his fishing, I hear heaps of stuff, but have a very sensitive bulls$%t detecter.I know some of you don't believe my claims...thats OK...but it is true.The most dissapointing thing about Sunday was that people were not talking about what a great comp the Pitt Town boys put on, or how big the fish were or even how happy those young blokes were to win a boat, no , most people were talking about cheating.Now if some good has come from my post it is that the subject is at least being discussed. No more head in the sand stuff.And next year if that tool wins it will at least be on merit because he will be under huge scrutiny.Also with a new understanding of this problem,the PTFC might be able to come up with a strategy to stop cheating,so we can start talking about the fish again

Guys,I'm sorry I caused such a s#*tstorm with my first post. I really like this site, as many have said it is open and honest ,guts n all ,fair dinkum fishing site and it centres around the places I love to fish-Hawkesbury & the Harbour.Let me tell you about me. I am well respected senior member of one of Sydneys biggest fishing clubs with strong links to FCA ,ANSA.I am NOT a hothead who gets his thrills by making up phoney fishing threads just to anger you guys.People who Know me see me as just your average mild mannered guy who loves his fishing, I hear heaps of stuff, but have a very sensitive bulls$%t detecter.I know some of you don't believe my claims...thats OK...but it is true.The most dissapointing thing about Sunday was that people were not talking about what a great comp the Pitt Town boys put on, or how big the fish were or even how happy those young blokes were to win a boat, no , most people were talking about cheating.Now if some good has come from my post it is that the subject is at least being discussed. No more head in the sand stuff.And next year if that tool wins it will at least be on merit because he will be under huge scrutiny.Also with a new understanding of this problem,the PTFC might be able to come up with a strategy to stop cheating,so we can start talking about the fish again

Numbnuts,

its up to the individual not to cheat, just like in gamefishing comps.

I dont know where you was standing all day but apart from one peson mentioning this, i never heard a peep about cheating.

the reason you heard it was that you was in a crowd that has an obvious vendetta against the person in question.

I think if anyone is going to hear whispers of cheating, it will be me but apart from the one person that mentioned it, as i said, i didnt hear a thing.

Now, to enlighten everyone a little more on the subject...... :1prop:

The guy you are trying to roast DID catch fish mid week, he also went home and didnt camp in his boat for a week.

He also fished a prominent spot on fri nite when others were not there, he also caught fish and was cleaning some fresh jew at the cleaning tables saturday.

Now, stopping cheating has nothing to do with anybody but the cheats themselves.

If YOU want to stop so called cheats so bad, buy some infra red video gear and set up camp and follow him.

I really think this whole thing has been blown outta proportion considering the MAIN reason most fish this is to raise a dollar for charity.

changa

Its a case of put up or shut up I think.

I can't swear by it but we had a very similar thread to this last year on the same comp.

Unless anyone has anything new to add just let this thread die a natural death.

I have mates that fish mid week because it is their only time off, they know of him and told me he was on the water (previous altercations with him), thought nothing of it until i saw him from friday to late Saturday night, when i was fishing, then at the weigh in. Its not speculation for your interest, and don't know why you open your mouth to something you know nothing about. Like i said, are we meant to be private investigators? Thats not our job, but like Brett said, its up to the individual to not cheat, some people just have big ego's and need them to be massaged by the public in the way of everyone seeing their prized catch.

If its not speculation then why has nobody including yourself shown any sort of proof. If you had so much info on the guy why didn't you get proof. Its just your word - which counts for nothing sorry. :tease:

I didn't want to name names or make this whole scenario worse than it already is, but I can hold back no longer.

Did you blokes know that

I caught a whole bunch of King's on the weekend and I'm still over the moon about it!

:074::074::074::074::074:

keep ya sense of humour

Cheers

Pete

:Funny-Post:

I can't swear by it but we had a very similar thread to this last year on the same comp.

Ken

Everyone that is going to have their say has said it mate

So lets stop the merry go round and just end this post now

My thoughts but I have been a member for a long time

I think the point has been made and I want to see the HARMONY of this site remain intact

I respect all of your opinions but I think this has been flogged to death

As the bible says

LET HE IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE

Cheers

Boppa

Now everyone have a few of these :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

Edited by Boppa

For gods sake Ken

Everyone that is going to have their say has said it mate

So lets stop the merry go round and just end this post now

My thoughts but I have been a member for a long time

I think the point has been made and I want to see the HARMONY of this site remain intact

I respect all of your opinions but I think this has been flogged to death

As the bible says

LET HE IS WITHOUT SIN CAST THE FIRST STONE

Cheers

Boppa

Now everyone have a few of these :beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile::beersmile:

i agree boppa. Kill the post, kill the post, kill the post.

Just keep a copy of this post and re-post it after next years Hawkesbury Classic to stop everyone wasting time and typing it in again. Its the same complaints year after year.

This arguement will happen for many years to come.

Cheers

Lee

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ken, after reading through this..... what a great idea!!! you guys have so much to offer to novices like myself and others and i have enjoyed reading all your posts and articles etc. this topic has become rather out of character with the whole fishraider theme i feel. after the first page of threads it just goes round in circles of he said she said etc.

lets get back to basics and why we are all here. we love fishing.... :1fishing1:

just my thoughts.

mick