Trag out from Sydney

GoingFishing

Gday Fellas

have been trying to catch a trag for almost two years now. Have tried alot of the closer inshore reefs out from Sydney with no luck. Paternoster rig with various baits such as bonito fillet, pillies and prawns.

Has anyone got any advice to offer on baits, times? 

Even better, if anyone has any marks i would be eternally gratefull and plz PM me if you are willing to share.

thanks

sam

27 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

The gibber is prolific with them atm! Two weeks ago, they were in significant numbers at the 21, the M and Air Force reefs! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Thanks Jeff

ive never tried those reefs before, do you have coordinates u can PM me? 

9 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Thanks Mrs Swordie and Scratchie.... in the original post I think Goingfishing was asking for tragg gps marks off Sydney -- lots of other Sydney raiders ears %%%%%ed up !!!

Cheers

Zoran

Indeed Zoran and Scratchie said the Gibber is prolific :)

Cmon where else can he get these fish raiders??

54 minutes ago, zmk1962 said:

Sorry I'm multitasking today and I must be missing something Donna... isn't Gibber off Port Stephens?

If I knew good Sydney tragg marks I'd post as I have on other topics.  

The gibber is out of Port Stephens. 

I think rick said it, the further you go north the more you encounter 

4 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Thanks Mrs Swordie and Scratchie.... in the original post I think Goingfishing was asking for tragg gps marks off Sydney -- lots of other Sydney raiders ears %%%%%ed up !!!

Cheers

Zoran

Haha i must say when Jeff posted with three new marks i nearly fell off my chair at how i hadnt heard of them at the minimum..... makes sense now

still a generous offer by Jeff nonetheless ??

might actually be worth doing a daytime  trip up that way and of course invite Jeff along for the day :) 

1 hour ago, GoingFishing said:

Haha i must say when Jeff posted with three new marks i nearly fell off my chair at how i hadnt heard of them at the minimum..... makes sense now

still a generous offer by Jeff nonetheless ??

might actually be worth doing a daytime  trip up that way and of course invite Jeff along for the day :) 

?????????

22 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

in all honesty if you want to catch trag..target them  late arvo into the nite  its when they bite  best...early morns you get a few but not as good as nights...rick

Thanks Rick

might have to do a late afternoon session and give that a try