MainframeJames

Hi Raiders,

I've been looking around and came across a Zebco Dock Demon. Further investigation shows that there are a few of these tiny/micro rods floating around. In a similar vein, there are "pen" rods that are telescopic and exceedingly small. One of the obvious aspects of something like this is the portability, which got me thinking about being able to take one bushwalking, or even in my backpack "just in case" you know?

Another interesting and seemingly counter-intuitive aspect is that some of them seem nigh-indestructible. I have broken a telescoping rod fighting a shark before, so the idea of an unbreakable rod that is still tiny and super portable is very intriguing to me.

The downside is that on a tiny rod, even a very big fish doesn't feel that big, so I wonder if it would be worth the trade-off?

Anyone have experience with these?

telescopic rods were discussed a few months ago..majority are crap..some are ok..i carry one in my cod backpack in case someone has a failure or break..it is a good.lol.quality that I picked up cheap in a garage sale...unless you spend big bucks and buy quality brand I would leave them alone  and look at 4 or 5 piece travel rods..rick