Jig heads !

Kaneo

1 hour ago, Hill373737 said:

I keep my SPs in the original packets and keep them in luggage organisers in my tackle bag - I mostly use Zmans so will have various MinnowZs in one, Grubz in another etc to make it easy to find them. You can buy the luggage organisers fairly cheaply on-line and any lures I use during the session go into an empty tackle tray and wash when I clean the boat and tackle ... much better than having loose lures on the boat or leaving them to rust peacefully away in a tacklebox.

IMG_4167.jpg.0f3fdd822b8086e34f1bd8477502fd80.jpg

Do you store the lures back I go the packages they come in after you’ve cleaned them or leave seperate from the new ones ? Are z man your go to lures as well?

Guest Guest123456789
23 hours ago, Kaneo said:

I have had no luck :(((( what’s everyone’s go to lures for flathead and what size jigheads/hook

If you were a flathead what would be the tastiest thing you’d eat? What would it look like? How would it move?

@flatheadluke , no matter what flathead thinks or likes,  tackle shops will be selling every year new lures :D.

@Kaneo, have a look at fishing article section of the forum. There are 4 articles that cover Flathead fishing on SP in details.   I do not have a favorite SP lure for Flathead, jig weight is enough to cast to the spot and to bring the lure slowly to the bottom. Hook size probably 1/0.

On 26/12/2017 at 2:48 PM, xerotao said:

Zman plastics arent meant to be kept in storage with other soft plastics

same as the new squidgies you bought. Seeing as you only bought one tackle box. Let us know if any soft plastics turn into puddles

last but not least careful with zmans as they will warp your tackle box

Whether or not they warp or melt depends on what the materials are and how/if they react to one another. 

Most tackle shops sell trays labelled "worm proof" and I believe these are safe to store any type of SP in. 

However, I still wouldn't mix and match. I have a similar method to many mentioned where I keep them in the original packaging, they almost always come in Ziploc style bags anyway. 

38 minutes ago, MainframeJames said:

Whether or not they warp or melt depends on what the materials are and how/if they react to one another. 

Most tackle shops sell trays labelled "worm proof" and I believe these are safe to store any type of SP in. 

However, I still wouldn't mix and match. I have a similar method to many mentioned where I keep them in the original packaging, they almost always come in Ziploc style bags anyway. 

My tackle box is a Plano brand, and im pretty confident all Plano boxes are worm proof. and yet it still warped.

Its a old box and the original packaging has been long thrown away. Zmans also have stated to store their elaztech lures/baits in their original packaging.