Big fail

JonD

Great forcast for today so with high hopes the plan was to head well north away from all the crowds of tourists.

Unfortunatly my early start started with a migraine and a stiff neck ( from an old spinal injury ).  The boat car park was chocker block full but I managed to find a patch of grass to park on.

By the time we reached our spot 23km north I was struggling, even had a couple of spews :mellow: anyway after loosing around 10 plastics to leather jackets we moved to another spot, then another and another. Eventually my daughter landed a fairly big nanygui which I decided was worth a photo ( then realised we had forgotten the camera) when suddenly my rod hooked up on what I imagine was a thumper snapper. Line was screaming from the reel but I just couldn't get the rod from the holder because of a rope I wrapped aroundd it just incase, so this fish won its freedom but on the plus I hooked the biggest stinky pike I've yet to catch:(

From there on I ended up lay on the floor with a bursting head, my daughter carried on for another hour or so for 0 fish, not even a bite. Back at the ramp we discovered the boats that had headed straight out to Montague had a very good day especially on the reef fish, it was at this point I realised in our rush and my headache that we didn't take any bananas onboard. 

• Sad 1