Tuggerah lake

rickmarlin62

2 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Apologies for number of replies  i cant downsize fotos on my fone any smaller

20180105_100711-1.jpg

Hey rick those sandworms look good hey.... What's the best retrieve for them slow I'm guessing? Are they as good as the real thing always wanted to try em but never have

Hi Rick, top day to be on the water. Nice pics too. Still hauling 'em in and passing on some very valuable info to the other coasties...good onya young man, always there to help others. Hope to get out tomorrow early to tempt a few Cod. Cheers, Neil

best of luck for tmrw neil...luv bein called young.haha....heaps of small fish ..30cm bream best..small flatty..whiting are everywhere..big enough to keep but I released em all today..might go early in morn ..gunna be a scorcher tomorrow..cheers rick

Rick,   a few questions please. 

- do you mind to show (photo)  how you rig the gulp  worm on the jig? 

-how lightest is enough as there is no need to cast a mile from kayak - would be 1/32 , weightless/small weedless jig OK   for gulp worm for sand flats ? 

- why Tuggerah lake whiting taste so funny at least near The Entrance? 

Thanks. 

I was using  1/12th..and a hook that only has a weight on the shank..i think 1/24th...I use half a worm..pop them in half with your thumb nail..then thread enough on to sit straight...I was fishing the back of gorokan..4 miles from the entrance..ive never tasted a difference...the hardest part is tryin not to move them too much...rick

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

lots of fish arch..went this morn but came straight home..6 jetskis circuit racing on my spot..ddooohhh

You need an R.P.G. for them. They are a pain-in-the-arse at times.

You did well on yesterday's score.