Big bass

JonD

Cool and stormy today so not sure what expect from the bass scene. I'm certainly no bass fisherman so leave them to my daughter who has just become addicted to hunting them down. She's chassing them using her cheap kids rod which her and her buddy have set themselves fish challenges on. 

Today she was determined to stick with surface lures even after her pal was 9 fish ahead of her. She told me she was just being polite and letting him have a head start :D. A few fish in the mid 40's had them pretty excited but when my daughter pulled this chunky 51cm fish ( or should I say it pulled her and her kayak ) she was over the moon. I honestly don't remember her ever being so excited over any tuna or marlin etc.

Three bananas were taken on today's yak trip.

What is it with these bass fishers that get so high on catching them:huh:

IMG_1049.PNG

Edited by JonD
  • Like 3

Yes that's correct south coast, they are releasing between 25 -40 bass most trips as well as a few nice perch. Its not just our local area but all the river systems that seem to be fishing very well for them.

• Like 1

What a cracker Bass. I have been a bass fisho for well over 30 years and still get a thrill when I have a good session on them. To catch a fish like that I would be over the moon, it would equal my best. Your daughter is a wonderful Fisher person.

Frank

• Like 1