Broughton reds

rickmarlin62

I’m going to have to follow both of you.... because I only managed the one pan sized red (40cm) yesterday! ? Although I lost what I think was a thumper when he wrapped me around the only structure in 5m over sand - the chain of a public mooring buoy on the north side of Broughton. ?

One fish. $60 worth of fuel. But I still had a great day on the water!

A97483A4-15E6-4E3D-8200-7297F48C2A93.jpeg

Edited by Berleyguts

We fished hard yday arvo  size 2 ball sinkers in 40 ft of water the current was doin 5knots  the reds were there  we went back this morn no current bugger all wind couldnt catch a cold   went nth isl and scored three more from 60cm  to 72 cm  buggered round on five spots ..no good no current  then hit scratchies secret spot C3  and bagged out on 70cm kings..some of them are the fattest mongo kings ive ever seen..i was fighting them two at a time on rapala xraps..one on front hook one on back..mindblowing stuff..im hoin back in two weeks for more punishment..bahahaha...rick

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

glad I could put you onto some jeff..if the currents runnin the fish start comin...any biggies ???...I lost two an got smoked by another shark...hate winding in 450mtrs of line..hahaha...rick

All between 45-65. 3 at 65. I’m happy with that. Lost an absolute brut on the biggest slimie head ever! Haha. I saw colour then  He saw his freedom on one more run! Thanks for the heads up mate! It’s so helpful when we can communicate info to each other! 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

no problem mate...theres plenty of fish move in and out from spots like that so not worried bout it being fished out..always happy to help..have to take baz soon and sort him out.haha..rick

That would be nice, thanks, Rick! Or I can tag along in my boat, if yours is full! I could really use some more pointers! ?

18 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

done deal baz we will tee up something soon between me an jeff..im sure we can have you posin with a big red..:D..rick

For sure! I’m glad he got his first on sps! That’s a fair effort already but he’s keen for a biggen! Soon Baz! 

• Like 2

And I have to get onto those kingies, too!

Come to think of it ?, I probably should focus on one species at a time, instead of snapper, marlin, kings etc. all in one trip! ?

Trouble is, that’s what you do when you don’t fish often enough! ?