Kings again (almost famous) haha

Scratchie

Majority will still be there! They would stick to the structure. I’ve been informed they are working around the clock to repair and recapture. 

The one question I’ve posed that has not been answered is: “because they are genetically modified from the DNA of the local kingfish populations, have they been modified to still breed???”

This has not yet been answered! 

35 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Majority will still be there! They would stick to the structure. I’ve been informed they are working around the clock to repair and recapture. 

The one question I’ve posed that has not been answered is: “because they are genetically modified from the DNA of the local kingfish populations, have they been modified to still breed???”

This has not yet been answered! 

They are from the same genetic stock as the local population, ie they are not 'modified' (from the article):

“The farmed yellowtail kingfish are of the same genetic stock as wild populations with broodfish being sourced locally,” he said.

“The farmed fish are from local parent stock and are health checked on a routine basis, so they are not considered a biosecurity risk.”  

She said the farmed kingfish were of the same genetic stock as wild populations and the company was “researching the behavioural and feeding responses of the escaped fish” as it continues to try and recapture them.

Edited by kingfishbig

2 minutes ago, kingfishbig said:

They are from the same genetic stock as the local population, ie they are not 'modified' (from the article):

“The farmed yellowtail kingfish are of the same genetic stock as wild populations with broodfish being sourced locally,” he said.

“The farmed fish are from local parent stock and are health checked on a routine basis, so they are not considered a biosecurity risk.”  

She said the farmed kingfish were of the same genetic stock as wild populations and the company was “researching the behavioural and feeding responses of the escaped fish” as it continues to try and recapture them.

Sorry, when I say modified I meant they didn’t breed on their own! 

Trust me, when you gut one of these fish you’ll see a lot of differences! Their internal structures aren’t the same! 

42 minutes ago, Scratchie said:

Sorry, when I say modified I meant they didn’t breed on their own! 

Trust me, when you gut one of these fish you’ll see a lot of differences! Their internal structures aren’t the same! 

They were breed from wild caught brood stock so they are not genetically different to wild fish or 'modified' in any way.

57 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

surfcams don't look appealing baz...if current was flowing at pens you could anchor upcurrent outside boundary and berley..im sure they would be up trail like a rat up a rafter.lol...rick

Yeah, thanks. Don’t think I’m going to get a leave pass anyway. Too many things need doing around the house still. Maybe Tuesday.

2 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

S’pose the swell will still be too big tomorrow. ? Hows it looking from your place, Scratchie?

Very lumpy out there Baz. I don’t think it will settle down until late Sunday and hopefully Monday when I’m off work! ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1