Frustrating day

SickWolf

WARNING: the word frustrating will be used a lot in this report. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. Ok, went to the entrance of narrabeen lake to find out it was blocked. Oh well. Just go to the beach. The gutter was terrible, i didnt think it was worth it. Frustration begins. Things only went down hill from here. I put out a poddy trap in the lake to find it empty and washed up. Huh. A snorkeller walks up to me and asks if it was mine. I nodded and he said not to litter as there was a ton of fish in there and its bad for marine life. I stood and looked at him numbly. I had no words. Frustrating of course. I walked away and went up to the rock platforms. There were a handful of big squid there, about 30cm hood length. Sweet, i quickly tied on a squid and they were still there phew. They ignored it completely while they were ravaging the poddy mullet. Sigh, frustration building. There were also lots of nice octopus under the rocks. I hooked 3 and lost three. I eventually gave up when the fourth took my jig and swam away. Now it started to suck. There was a good size legal crab swimming really fast, nothing i can do about that. Then a huge school of big long tom cruised by, eating nothing. By now i felt like smashing my head on a rock. Oh well thats fishing ig. Bye

We all have those days. Being out there on/by the water is what’s important to me... good for the soul! I look at the fish as a bonus! It’s been a while since I had a big bonus, though! ? I have to admit... getting a bonus is better for the soul! ?

• Like 1

On 25/02/2018 at 8:12 AM, rickmarlin62 said:

Sounds like a normal trip  at least you didnt break a rod or fall over on oysters  sounds like you need to catch something to take away the pain..rick

please dont remind me... pain...

Plenty of fish in there; they are 'trapped'. Bait fish are getting hammered by predators both from above and below.

I had an 84 'Mama' near the bridge...Pic to follow, will just upload from phone..How did you go on Sat Guys?

Nope I wasnt rubbing it IN. 

The thread had shifted to a planned trip to that bridge by two guys, I thought it was encouraging rather than the opposite. But hey I will delete it ..and repost separately.

Edited by 4wsboy
Spelling